adminstrator password

I am trying to download the windows update and it keep
asking for my adminstrator password I don't remember what
it is
2 answers Last reply
More about adminstrator password

    On Sun, 30 May 2004 04:27:51 -0700, Micheal wrote:

    > I am trying to download the windows update and it keep
    > asking for my adminstrator password I don't remember what
    > it is

    If your Windows was preinstalled, the password has probably never been
    established. Try leaving the password field blank.

    How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your Password
    Expires
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321305

    Consider logging on with an administrator account and then visiting the
    Windows Update site. Once the updates are completed, log off and go back to
    using your everyday account.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    Hi Michael,

    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/

    There are several solutions to this issue, most of which revolve around
    having a third party firewall running in addition to the native one.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Micheal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to download the windows update and it keep
    > asking for my adminstrator password I don't remember what
    > it is

Download Windows Update Microsoft Windows XP