adminstrator password

I am trying to download the windows update and it keep
asking for my adminstrator password I don't remember what
it is

On Sun, 30 May 2004 04:27:51 -0700, Micheal wrote:

> I am trying to download the windows update and it keep
> asking for my adminstrator password I don't remember what
> it is

If your Windows was preinstalled, the password has probably never been
established. Try leaving the password field blank.

How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your Password
Expires
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321305

Consider logging on with an administrator account and then visiting the
Windows Update site. Once the updates are completed, log off and go back to
using your everyday account.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Hi Michael,

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/

There are several solutions to this issue, most of which revolve around
having a third party firewall running in addition to the native one.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone