Task Scheduler and Norton SystemWorks

I cannot get Norton SystemWorks Profession 2004 to do a daily virus scan.
It was easy to do with Norton SystemWorks 2002 and Windows 98.

I have called Norton Help, and not wanting to pay, all they would tell me
was that it was a Windows XP problem. I have researched their database, as
they suggested, and found no resolution.

I currently have a virus scan scheduled to run daily at 3:00 am. The last
time it ran was 5-20-04 and is scheduled to run next on 5-29-04. I have
other tasks scheduled, none on a daily basis, and they seem to run as
scheduled. There is no status indicated for any of the schedules.

Here is the task currently scheduled to run:
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\Navw32.exe /task:"C:\Documents and
Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton
AntiVirus\Tasks\mycomp.sca"
1 answer Last reply
More about task scheduler norton systemworks

    How to create and schedule virus scans with Norton AntiVirus
    http://tinyurl.com/yruts
    --
    Mary Sauer MS MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/
    "Steve Jordan" <scjordan@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I cannot get Norton SystemWorks Profession 2004 to do a daily virus scan.
    > It was easy to do with Norton SystemWorks 2002 and Windows 98.
    >
    > I have called Norton Help, and not wanting to pay, all they would tell me
    > was that it was a Windows XP problem. I have researched their database, as
    > they suggested, and found no resolution.
    >
    > I currently have a virus scan scheduled to run daily at 3:00 am. The last
    > time it ran was 5-20-04 and is scheduled to run next on 5-29-04. I have
    > other tasks scheduled, none on a daily basis, and they seem to run as
    > scheduled. There is no status indicated for any of the schedules.
    >
    > Here is the task currently scheduled to run:
    > C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\Navw32.exe /task:"C:\Documents and
    > Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton
    > AntiVirus\Tasks\mycomp.sca"

Norton Virus Microsoft Windows XP