Dial up Icon missing

In the past, when I dial up an internet connection a
small icon that looks like two monotors, one just in
front of the other, appears in the bottom right side of
the screen and stays there until I log off.

I can dial up and connect OK, but I cannot find anywhre
how I can set it up so that icon reminds me that I am
logged on (and spending money)

Can anyone help, please?

Many thanks

GeoffreyG
4 answers Last reply
More about dial icon missing

    | "GeoffreyG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    | message news:1503501c44659$98aa0750$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    | In the past, when I dial up an internet connection a
    | small icon that looks like two monotors,<SNIP> I cannot find
    | anywhre how I can set it up so that icon reminds me that I am
    | logged on (and spending money) Can anyone help, please? Many
    | thanks GeoffreyG

    Open the Network Connections folder (see below). Right-click
    your Connection, and then click Properties. On the General tab,
    click to select the Show icon in notification area when connected
    check box.

    To open the Network Connections folder:

    If you are using Control Panel Category View: Click Start, click
    Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then
    click Network Connections.

    If you are using Control Panel Classic View: Click Start, click
    Control Panel, and then click Network Connections.

    Or for a really quick way click Start, click Run, type the
    following command and click OK:

    Shell:Connectionsfolder

    On Sun, 30 May 2004 08:20:10 -0700, "GeoffreyG"
    <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>,wrote:

    >In the past, when I dial up an internet connection a
    >small icon that looks like two monotors, one just in
    >front of the other, appears in the bottom right side of
    >the screen and stays there until I log off.
    >
    >I can dial up and connect OK, but I cannot find anywhre
    >how I can set it up so that icon reminds me that I am
    >logged on (and spending money)
    >
    >Can anyone help, please?
    >
    >Many thanks
    >
    >GeoffreyG

    Go to dialup networking and the properties of your modem and make sure the box
    is checked to Show Icon in Notification Area.

    Did you make any changes to how items in the System Tray appear ? To find
    out, right-click Taskbar and select Properties>Taskbar tab>Customize...
    button (l-l). If the two monitor icon with your connection name is there,
    what is its status to the right ? If its "Always hide", click on to
    highlight it; note the grey box around the status with upside-down triangle.
    Click on triangle to get three choices, then select "Hide when inactive".
    Then click OK, Apply and OK to close. This should make it appear whenever
    you are connected and "paying money". Go to other suggestions if it is not
    in the list.

    Malv

    "GeoffreyG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > In the past, when I dial up an internet connection a
    > small icon that looks like two monotors, one just in
    > front of the other, appears in the bottom right side of
    > the screen and stays there until I log off.
    >
    > I can dial up and connect OK, but I cannot find anywhre
    > how I can set it up so that icon reminds me that I am
    > logged on (and spending money)
    >
    > Can anyone help, please?
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > GeoffreyG

    Many thanks, Carrie Garth, Fluffy2K and Malvern.

    That did it and I now have the icon safely showing. Easy
    when you know how, isn't it?

    Regards

    GeoffreyG

Dial Up Connection Internet Connection Microsoft Windows XP