In the past, when I dial up an internet connection a
small icon that looks like two monotors, one just in
front of the other, appears in the bottom right side of
the screen and stays there until I log off.

I can dial up and connect OK, but I cannot find anywhre
how I can set it up so that icon reminds me that I am
logged on (and spending money)

Can anyone help, please?

Many thanks

GeoffreyG

| "GeoffreyG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
| message news:1503501c44659$98aa0750$a601280a@phx.gbl...
| In the past, when I dial up an internet connection a
| small icon that looks like two monotors,<SNIP> I cannot find
| anywhre how I can set it up so that icon reminds me that I am
| logged on (and spending money) Can anyone help, please? Many
| thanks GeoffreyG

Open the Network Connections folder (see below). Right-click
your Connection, and then click Properties. On the General tab,
click to select the Show icon in notification area when connected
check box.

To open the Network Connections folder:

If you are using Control Panel Category View: Click Start, click
Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then
click Network Connections.

If you are using Control Panel Classic View: Click Start, click
Control Panel, and then click Network Connections.

Or for a really quick way click Start, click Run, type the
following command and click OK:

Shell:Connectionsfolder

Fluffy

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2002

On Sun, 30 May 2004 08:20:10 -0700, "GeoffreyG"
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>,wrote:

>In the past, when I dial up an internet connection a
>small icon that looks like two monotors, one just in
>front of the other, appears in the bottom right side of
>the screen and stays there until I log off.
>
>I can dial up and connect OK, but I cannot find anywhre
>how I can set it up so that icon reminds me that I am
>logged on (and spending money)
>
>Can anyone help, please?
>
>Many thanks
>
>GeoffreyG

Go to dialup networking and the properties of your modem and make sure the box
is checked to Show Icon in Notification Area.

Did you make any changes to how items in the System Tray appear ? To find
out, right-click Taskbar and select Properties>Taskbar tab>Customize...
button (l-l). If the two monitor icon with your connection name is there,
what is its status to the right ? If its "Always hide", click on to
highlight it; note the grey box around the status with upside-down triangle.
Click on triangle to get three choices, then select "Hide when inactive".
Then click OK, Apply and OK to close. This should make it appear whenever
you are connected and "paying money". Go to other suggestions if it is not
in the list.

Malv

"GeoffreyG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In the past, when I dial up an internet connection a
> small icon that looks like two monotors, one just in
> front of the other, appears in the bottom right side of
> the screen and stays there until I log off.
>
> I can dial up and connect OK, but I cannot find anywhre
> how I can set it up so that icon reminds me that I am
> logged on (and spending money)
>
> Can anyone help, please?
>
> Many thanks
>
> GeoffreyG

Many thanks, Carrie Garth, Fluffy2K and Malvern.

That did it and I now have the icon safely showing. Easy
when you know how, isn't it?

Regards

GeoffreyG