Guest account

Sam

This might sound like a crazy question but I cannot seem
to figure this out. How do users log in as the Guest
account in Windows XP?

I got a computer running XP Home and another one running
XP Professional.

hardhead

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2003

should be some info in help, try acounts in control panel

Gordon

Sam cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly:

> This might sound like a crazy question but I cannot seem
> to figure this out. How do users log in as the Guest
> account in Windows XP?
>
> I got a computer running XP Home and another one running
> XP Professional.

Don't bother with the guest account - it's so limited as to be unusable.
Create a User account called "Visitors" (or whatever), make it a Limited
Account, and use that for your guests.

HTH

--
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

To email me replace the obvious!

Andrew

You need to enable it first.

Go to control panel | User Accounts

and torwards the bottom you should see a link called guest, and probably
text underneath saying the guest account is turned off. Click on it to turn
the guest account on

~ANDY~
http://www.confusedgeeks.com

"Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This might sound like a crazy question but I cannot seem
> to figure this out. How do users log in as the Guest
> account in Windows XP?
>
> I got a computer running XP Home and another one running
> XP Professional.

and if i may add, you can't access the net with the guest account. the
visitors account with limited access would be better.