Joint Operations Typhoon Rising Get Stuck! Please HELP

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Hi,
Lately I got addicted to the "Joint Operations Typhoon Rising" game and
everything was working great for a while... Now the game gets stuck
constantly (I think) and there is a need to restart the machine. My
machine is working so well so I rather not to start the game many times
and to cause the system to crush.
My work is giving technical support so it might be long (:
First I don't recall any change I have made that could make this
happen, but I did restored some settings to be sure...
Anyhow my connection to the servers is good and I even get fast pings
such as 40-50ms, no problems at all till I'm in the game, ones I'm
logged in the game it will get stuck (video + sound) in the first
minute or in seconds. Nothing can be done (none of the windows hot
keys) although the keyboard is active...
I have tried different servers, different nations but with no luck
I have tried changing back the video options in the game to default,
still no luck
I have tried to uninstall it > restart > defrag > restart > install, no
luck
I have started to disable the latest applications I have installed
lately
Ok, never mind there were many thing I have tried to do before typing
this message...
My machine details are:
XP Pro (en) with SP2 updated automatically
NVIDIA 6600 GT (Latest drivers)
No windows Fire Wall, MacAfee 9 Security Center
HD 200GB STA western digital
CPU AMD 64BIT +3000
1024Mb DDR
Gigabyte NForce 4 (mother board)

I hope this is not too much I really got addicted to this game (:

I would appreciate any respond I may get from you.... Thanks

Avi
Avihaybi@gmail.com
1 answer Last reply
More about joint operations typhoon rising stuck help
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    due the T and R icons in the top left corner light up ? and are you
    conecting thru a router ? I had a similar problem XP PRO / Linksys router
    the T andR icons would light up and the game would go into semilock i couls
    still fire weapon but could not move. I unhooked from router and when the T
    and R thing showed up it was only for a few seconds and the game was fine

    com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Lately I got addicted to the "Joint Operations Typhoon Rising" game and
    > everything was working great for a while... Now the game gets stuck
    > constantly (I think) and there is a need to restart the machine. My
    > machine is working so well so I rather not to start the game many times
    > and to cause the system to crush.
    > My work is giving technical support so it might be long (:
    > First I don't recall any change I have made that could make this
    > happen, but I did restored some settings to be sure...
    > Anyhow my connection to the servers is good and I even get fast pings
    > such as 40-50ms, no problems at all till I'm in the game, ones I'm
    > logged in the game it will get stuck (video + sound) in the first
    > minute or in seconds. Nothing can be done (none of the windows hot
    > keys) although the keyboard is active...
    > I have tried different servers, different nations but with no luck
    > I have tried changing back the video options in the game to default,
    > still no luck
    > I have tried to uninstall it > restart > defrag > restart > install, no
    > luck
    > I have started to disable the latest applications I have installed
    > lately
    > Ok, never mind there were many thing I have tried to do before typing
    > this message...
    > My machine details are:
    > XP Pro (en) with SP2 updated automatically
    > NVIDIA 6600 GT (Latest drivers)
    > No windows Fire Wall, MacAfee 9 Security Center
    > HD 200GB STA western digital
    > CPU AMD 64BIT +3000
    > 1024Mb DDR
    > Gigabyte NForce 4 (mother board)
    >
    > I hope this is not too much I really got addicted to this game (:
    >
    > I would appreciate any respond I may get from you.... Thanks
    >
    > Avi
    > Avihaybi@gmail.com

Games Typhoon Video Games