HP PSC 2210 printer compatible with D-Link 824VUP?

Archived from groups: alt.internet.wireless,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp,comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

Been trying to get this printer to work with my D-Link 824VUP for hours.
Anyone had success with this? As soon as I unplug the printer from my
computer, it disappears from the list of printer devices installed. Guess
this makes sense. But, when I plug the printer into the D-Link USB port, I
can no longer configure it under "Add Printer."

Maybe this printer just won't work with the D-Link Printer Server.

Any help would be appreciated.

craig

Archived from groups: alt.internet.wireless,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp,comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

Craig.
Have you tried plugging the printer into the router and connecting the
router to the PC.
This model of printer isnt really designed as a wireless printer, but if you
set it up this way and then once you can print to it, you may be able to
print fine once you disconnect the router from the PC and it should all run
wirelessly with the printer still connected to the router only.
If that doesnt work, you may have to look at maybe using a JetDirect Print
server.
Let me know if this helps,

Matt