LAN Gaming with WAN Access? Is it possible?

PingPongDevil

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2006
Hey Everyone -

I'm good friends with a group of guys I hung out with while living in Australia, and we were trying to think of ways that I could join their LAN games while I'm back here in the USA.

They get together for a small LAN party every 5 months or so, but it'd be fun if somehow I could connect into their games.

We play mostly WCIII and BF1942. I'm assuming the ping would be atrocious for BF1942 - but WCIII might not be too bad - I see a lot of Australian players on the US East servers on Battle.net.

So - any ideas of how we might do this?

Thanks in advance everyone!

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
Hey Everyone -

I'm good friends with a group of guys I hung out with while living in Australia, and we were trying to think of ways that I could join their LAN games while I'm back here in the USA.

They get together for a small LAN party every 5 months or so, but it'd be fun if somehow I could connect into their games.

We play mostly WCIII and BF1942. I'm assuming the ping would be atrocious for BF1942 - but WCIII might not be too bad - I see a lot of Australian players on the US East servers on Battle.net.

So - any ideas of how we might do this?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Himachi

Everyone in the lan would need it and everyone would be over the internet.

PingPongDevil

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2006
Thanks, to the both of ya.

I tried it out with a friend of mine in Adelaide, AUS, and though we could chat over the Hamachi client, we couldn't see any LAN games we had hosted in WC III. Any ideas what we're doing wrong?

Siba

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Are you both using the same version of WC3? Have you successfully joined his games on Battlenet or vice versa?

Siba

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Are you on the same version of the game? Have you joined any games without himachi?

...Okay, this is getting kind of ridiculous, READ THE POSTS before you post yourself. What the heck?

PingPongDevil

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2006
Well, you would THINK I'd checked the version, but I suppose it's very possible that I didn't. :oops:

I'll do that, and try Battle.Net as well, then get back to you.

Thank you all for your help, if somewhat redundant. :)