Where are all the First Person Shooters??

still_life

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2006
Is it just me or are there no good FPS games coming out lately???

With the passage of doom 3, quake 4 and call of duty 3 I can't find a really good kill kill kill kinda game. Even the new call of duty 3 won't be available on PC

Whats going on???

mad_murdock

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2006
You have Fear and Fear XP out, that should tide you over until Crysis and STALKER and other come out. It's a lull in the action for the time being.

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Battlefield 2142 should be available now.
Your going to regret saying that, the people in this forum are a bit… emotional when it comes to that game. But anyway if we are talking about good first person shooters then I don’t think you can really call Quake 4 one bit that just my and many others opinion.

There are a few promising FPS titles coming out but unfortunately it does seem a few of them are going to be consol only titles. The most notable of which is Gears of War, which I believe has been released in the US. Although games for the PC are not all lost, we still have a few good looking titles that are due to come out soon. Some of which have already been mentioned.

*Half Life 2: Episode 2 is due for release in Q1 2007, which looks to add much to the original game as well as coming with the much long awaited Team Fortress 2.

*Enemy Territory: Quake Wars this is a game coming out in Q1 2007 that looks like it could take Battlefield for everything it has, hopefully it will do and we will never have to experience bad netcode again.

Besides the other games that have been mentioned there is not much more coming out for the genera. But I think that should be fairly sufficient to last me over the next 6 months when coupled with the other types of games that are available today.

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003

With the passage of doom 3, quake 4 and call of duty 3 I can't find a really good kill kill kill kinda game. Even the new call of duty 3 won't be available on PC

Whats going on???

Your taste in FPS's sucks to begin with.

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006

Whats going on???

Your taste in FPS's sucks to begin with.

Yeah I don't like the COD, MOH, etc, series.

I enjoy the following (check my putfile site, I have a lot of cool stuff like the FEAR download locations, I'll add the BF2 demo)

BF2 Demo http://www.download.com/Battlefield-2-demo/3000-7452_4-10404526.html

FEAR Combat (FREE)
Cookies must be turned on for the following 3 links.

The Site

The Download Sites

The Key-Gen

1.07 to 1.08 patch

Direct Link

Update Site With Info (Might Need To Enter Your Birthdate And Have Cookies Turned on)

Warrock

Main Site

Direct Download

Eh that's all until you reply