pop-up blocker

Hello one and all...where can I get a great pop-up blocker without adding more spy-ware to my puter. I did have a blocker a bit ago but it also came with alot of bugs.
thank you in advance.
wendy
7 answers Last reply
More about blocker

    The google toolbar has a pop-up blocker included:

    http://download.com.com/3000-2379-10220032.html

    You can also invest in something like norton internet
    security package (or other like packages) that come with
    antivirus/firewall/popup blocker .
    Norton does that take a heavier usage on system resources
    then other programs but....

    I use Hitware Popup Killer lite available from rightutilities.com
    It seems to do a good job for free.

    Hello
    I find that downloading a good spyware remover and running on a regular
    basis(1 or 2 times a week) results in no need for a blocker. Some people
    might disagree so you can try it either way.
    Blockers
    http://toolbar.google.com/
    or
    http://www.webattack.com/Freeware/misctools/fwpopblock.shtml

    Ad-Aware Download, Update & Run
    or
    http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?lang=en&page=download
    or
    http://www2.palsol.com/spyrem_offer/index.html?hop=linkbarter

    Research & Downloads
    http://www.wilders.org/index.htm

    --
    Hope This Helps
    Haus
    "wendy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello one and all...where can I get a great pop-up blocker without adding
    more spy-ware to my puter. I did have a blocker a bit ago but it also came
    with alot of bugs.
    > thank you in advance.
    > wendy

    Hi Wendy,

    Wait for Service Pack 2 to come out (shouldn't be too much longer). Until
    then, try the spyware-free google toolbar:
    http://toobars.google.com

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

    wendy wrote:
    > Hello one and all...where can I get a great pop-up blocker without adding more spy-ware to my puter. I did have a blocker a bit ago but it also came with alot of bugs.
    > thank you in advance.
    > wendy
    Try a new browser- firefox and thunderbird for your mail
    www.mozilla.org
    I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
    -max

    --
    This message is virus free as far I can tell
    Change nomail.afraid.org to neo.rr.com so you can reply

    Totally, the latest Norton Internet Security
    (http://www.symantec.com/sabu/nis/nis_pe/) product seems to work pretty good
    but on one of my slower machines, the resulting lag of speed is unbearable.
    Still, in this day and age you really should be running a firewall and an
    antivirus solution at least. I have a hardware router/firewall personally.
    I run Mcafee (http://www.mcafee.com/) on my workstation at work and it seems
    okay with minimal slowdown on the system. My friend is running N.I.S. on
    his machine and he loves it but the ad blocking can remove certain items
    from the page and you can't get them back. As others have suggested, I have
    used the Google tool bar (http://toolbar.google.com/) for regular popups and
    now I am using Super Ad Blocker (http://www.superadblocker.com/) for the
    flying ads and ad banners that so many pages have now. Just my $.02

    T.J.

    > You can also invest in something like norton internet
    > security package (or other like packages) that come with
    > antivirus/firewall/popup blocker .
    > Norton does that take a heavier usage on system resources
    > then other programs but....

Microsoft Bug Windows XP