Disk Cleanup

system error memory dump files (351mb), system archived windows error reporting files (6.62kb), and system queued windows error reporting files (12.5) will not delete after running disk cleanup(yes they are checked). Is this normal? Running windows 7 64bit.
7 answers Last reply
More about disk cleanup
  1. Try running the System Maintenance troubleshooter as Admin.
    The last time i did it cleared alot of disc space.
  2. I can not find it, i searched online and followed the instructions so i guess i do not have the most up to date troubleshooters
  3. if you know how to find your memory dump files, download bluescreenviewer, see if there is any info that helps
  4. Well you know the little Action Center flag in the bottom right hand corner.
    Right click it
    Troubleshoot a problem
    System Maintenance
    You could also download CCleaner which is free.
  5. I use Steven Gould's "Cleanup" utility .... have used a bundled windows tool in many years.
  6. espguitarguy232 said:
    system error memory dump files (351mb), system archived windows error reporting files (6.62kb), and system queued windows error reporting files (12.5) will not delete after running disk cleanup (yes they are checked). Is this normal? Running windows 7 64bit.

For especially stubborn file that I can't delete....use The Avenger from Swandog46. It deletes the file before the windows is loaded. Pretty powerful stuff.......
  7. I had a horrible time clearing my c drive. Hell ya, CCCleaner is damn cool. Running this utility I cleared 41 GB, so peaceful now. Thanks to those developers who made this tool, hats off and awesome!
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Dump System Error Disk Cleanup Windows 7