KAZAA Media DEsktop

Hi. I used a piece of software (advised on this site)
which removed all the 'junk' on my computer - it worked
really well for me. However, I now get the message "You
have uninstalled a part of Kazaa media desktop that is
needed to run. Kazea media desktop will now quit so you
can re-install it"

Help - how can I get rid of this message.?
5 answers Last reply
More about kazaa media desktop

    Roberta;
    Kazaa is full of spyware.
    If you used a spyware removal tool, it is likely a part of Kazaa was
    removed.
    Check with their website or better yet search Google possibly "kazaa
    removal" will locate what you need.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "RobertaNI" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi. I used a piece of software (advised on this site)
    > which removed all the 'junk' on my computer - it worked
    > really well for me. However, I now get the message "You
    > have uninstalled a part of Kazaa media desktop that is
    > needed to run. Kazea media desktop will now quit so you
    > can re-install it"
    >
    > Help - how can I get rid of this message.?

    Hi Roberta
    Kazaa Media Desktop comes packaged with spy/adware thats used to make
    banners appear within the program called Cydoor. By running an application
    such as adware to remove this, you remove a part of the application which
    the makers have intentionally placed a dependancy on (in order to generate
    revenue through targeted advertising based on your net usage). As the
    message says reinstalling Kazaa would get rid of the error, but thats
    probably a bad idea as you would reinstall spyware on your system.

    http://www.kazaa.com/us/help/faq/howis_kazaa_free.htm

    Mark

    "RobertaNI" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi. I used a piece of software (advised on this site)
    > which removed all the 'junk' on my computer - it worked
    > really well for me. However, I now get the message "You
    > have uninstalled a part of Kazaa media desktop that is
    > needed to run. Kazea media desktop will now quit so you
    > can re-install it"
    >
    > Help - how can I get rid of this message.?

    Thanks very much for getting back so quickly - I'll try
    google
    Roberta

    Thanks Mark - very comprehensive reply!
    Roberta

    Can you not just uninstall Kazaa?

    > Roberta;
    > Kazaa is full of spyware.
    > If you used a spyware removal tool, it is likely a part of Kazaa was
    > removed.
    > Check with their website or better yet search Google possibly "kazaa
    > removal" will locate what you need.
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
    >

    > "RobertaNI" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi. I used a piece of software (advised on this site)
    > > which removed all the 'junk' on my computer - it worked
    > > really well for me. However, I now get the message "You
    > > have uninstalled a part of Kazaa media desktop that is
    > > needed to run. Kazea media desktop will now quit so you
    > > can re-install it"
    > >
    > > Help - how can I get rid of this message.?

    ---

Desktops Microsoft Windows XP