KAZAA Media DEsktop

May 31, 2004 4:44:31 PM

Hi. I used a piece of software (advised on this site)
which removed all the 'junk' on my computer - it worked
really well for me. However, I now get the message "You
have uninstalled a part of Kazaa media desktop that is
needed to run. Kazea media desktop will now quit so you
can re-install it"

Help - how can I get rid of this message.?

More about : kazaa media desktop

Anonymous
May 31, 2004 6:23:41 PM

Roberta;
Kazaa is full of spyware.
If you used a spyware removal tool, it is likely a part of Kazaa was
removed.
Check with their website or better yet search Google possibly "kazaa
removal" will locate what you need.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"RobertaNI" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. I used a piece of software (advised on this site)
> which removed all the 'junk' on my computer - it worked
> really well for me. However, I now get the message "You
> have uninstalled a part of Kazaa media desktop that is
> needed to run. Kazea media desktop will now quit so you
> can re-install it"
>
> Help - how can I get rid of this message.?
Anonymous
June 1, 2004 1:42:30 AM

Hi Roberta
Kazaa Media Desktop comes packaged with spy/adware thats used to make
banners appear within the program called Cydoor. By running an application
such as adware to remove this, you remove a part of the application which
the makers have intentionally placed a dependancy on (in order to generate
revenue through targeted advertising based on your net usage). As the
message says reinstalling Kazaa would get rid of the error, but thats
probably a bad idea as you would reinstall spyware on your system.

http://www.kazaa.com/us/help/faq/howis_kazaa_free.htm

Mark

"RobertaNI" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. I used a piece of software (advised on this site)
> which removed all the 'junk' on my computer - it worked
> really well for me. However, I now get the message "You
> have uninstalled a part of Kazaa media desktop that is
> needed to run. Kazea media desktop will now quit so you
> can re-install it"
>
> Help - how can I get rid of this message.?
June 1, 2004 4:34:51 PM

Thanks very much for getting back so quickly - I'll try
google
Roberta

Anonymous
June 1, 2004 4:35:31 PM

Thanks Mark - very comprehensive reply!
Roberta

Anonymous
June 2, 2004 4:57:53 PM

Can you not just uninstall Kazaa?

> Roberta;
> Kazaa is full of spyware.
> If you used a spyware removal tool, it is likely a part of Kazaa was
> removed.
> Check with their website or better yet search Google possibly "kazaa
> removal" will locate what you need.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

> "RobertaNI" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi. I used a piece of software (advised on this site)
> > which removed all the 'junk' on my computer - it worked
> > really well for me. However, I now get the message "You
> > have uninstalled a part of Kazaa media desktop that is
> > needed to run. Kazea media desktop will now quit so you
> > can re-install it"
> >
> > Help - how can I get rid of this message.?

---