problems with dark messiah

chris2006

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2006
hi guys

ive just bought a new PNY N7600 GT graphics card and since installing, dark messiah of might and magic keeps slowing down, the sound repeats and game jumps ive lowerd the setings but it still does the same. ive tried changing the drivers from the 93.71 to 84.21 like suggested in a previous post but im still having the same problems. i had a ati x600 before and it worked fine on the lower settings.

does anyone have any suggestions

thanks in advance
chris

dogonthemove1

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
Maybe its your graphics card. have u tryed playing other games to see if it still happens?

try disconnecting and reconnecting the card to see if it keeps happening

Cainmos

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
I was having problems with loading and it slowing down in Stonehelm. I guess there was a problem with a memory leak within this section of the game. Also I've read that its had problems if you didn't have the up to date drivers for Nvidia cards. This was on the steam released version though and they released an update. If you have the steam version than to fix the stuttering sound go to its properties and verify the game cache after it does that it will download any missing/corrupt files.

I had to put all my settings to low to get through the loading screens, which sucked because I bet this game looks amazing with the graphics on high.
Hope that helps.