Startup Programs

What are yzqngbip.exe and axcfel.exe??
I've searched Microsoft.com and Google with no results found on either. Both are located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run.

Are they legit or to be gotten rid of?

Col

Download Ad-Aware 6.0 and scan your PC for spyware:
http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69274&subj=dlpage&tag=button

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"coliboy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

| What are yzqngbip.exe and axcfel.exe??
| I've searched Microsoft.com and Google with no results found on either. Both are located in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run.

| Are they legit or to be gotten rid of?
|
| Col

Thanks Carey,
I've had AdAware for ages and I keep it updated. Likewise SpywareBlaster, Spybot S&D and CWShredder.
None of them have reported these 2 entries. Checking their properties reveals very little, only internal name,build etc but no Company info.
I'm no expert when it comes to these matters but I have found that in general, a file's name usually gives some sort of indication of what it is or what program it belongs to, but not these two. "yzqngbip" seems to be totally random.
Any more ideas?

Hi,

Both are likely trojans. Neither are valid file names.

Boot into Safe mode, delete both the files and the registry entries. Restart
normally.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/