Sign in with
Your question

most embarrasing death

Last response: in Video Games
November 9, 2006 4:33:43 PM

I downloaded nethack last night and i've been playing and dying quite a bit, and i have to say my most embarrasing death to date is..

Dying after kicking a rock :oops: 

what are your embarring deaths?

More about : embarrasing death

December 30, 2006 10:19:01 PM

Petrified while attempting to saddle a cockatrice!
February 19, 2007 6:59:20 PM

ate a cockatrice egg once. I saw the cockatrice. I saw the egg show up shortly after I killed the critter but didn't put it together until "You feel your limbs start to stiffen."

My last game, I starved while carrying food. Sure it was tripe, but I had a cursed unicorn horn and a thing of holy water. I starved just as I was preparing to dunk the horn.

Lots of the classics--nibbled to death by newts while paralyzed, I used to try to ID wands by zapping myself with them (bad plan), I think I genocided myself once.
February 22, 2007 8:46:01 PM

Did the cockatrice thing again today...this time even worse.
I've never ascended, and I've only even gotten as far as the quest a couple of times (and only with Valkyrie, or once with a Wizard). So, I had a rogue in the lowest level of the quest (in case you don't know, it's really weird.) In a previous level, I had polymorphed myself into a cockatrice and laid a bunch of eggs to use as grenades. As I was wondering around, trapped, in the lowest level of the quest, I got hungry. Absentmindedly, I pressed
e, then the only letter that was in my inventory.

oops.
!