Oliver Stone Talks 'World Trade Center,' Controversy and Iraq with David O. Russ

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
Oliver Stone can't seem to escape controversy, even when he makes a critically acclaimed movie like "World Trade Center." At the recent Screenwriting Expo 5 event, Stone discusses his 9/11 film with fellow director David O. Russell and explains why he's given up on changing the world through movies.

rivalneighbour

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
I really liked reading this and thanks for writing it. I got goosebumps and it took my breath away when i read oliver stones opinions, especially that he likes comedy movies. I really liked most of his movies and i think that dudes a legend. But man I hope he doesnt screw up and puss out with this world trade center movie.(my conspiracy opinions are restrained)
*I didnt see the movie yet. I have to wait for it to get on hbo because I refused to see it in a theatre or buy the dvd.

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I'm not even going to bother reading that article as I found the movie so rubbish and boring that if I had of went to the cinema to see this movie I would have walked out halfway through.

Schizoid

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006
I was ready to reply with a big "what the heck does this have to do with games" but then noticed all the menu tabs such as film & tv, books & comics, etc at the top of the site. I've been an addicted THG fan since its debut 10yrs ago and when network, mobile, twitchguru and the denguru groups came about I thought "great! more hardware & game coverage in segregated groups". All this time I never notice the wide coverage from TwitchGuru that, to me, is not game/hardware related. I understand there are those who like such coverage and I do too but just not here. This is not the image of the THG everyone has known for years. THG is trying to cover everything now and to me that ruins the genuine THG I've grown to enjoy literally everyday. Somebody needs to talk to the Dr. T. and rediscuss covering these non-related topics before THG loses focus on what THG has always been about.

Sorry for being negative and it's not about the fear of change but we all know some things better left unchanged and I think this is one of them.