first time here - so not sure if i do it propperly - while looking for updates - after a second a notice "Administrator only etc" appears. I think I am one - but cannot continue - thanks for help - daniel-1

Sooo basically you want to know if you are an admin on your computer? Easy enough to find out. Go to start, Control Panel, User Accounts.....if you can add accounts, you are admin. If not, you're under a limited account and cannot dl certian files. If someone else uses the computer you will have to ask them to change your account to a Admin account. If you are admin and still cannot dl the file, sorry don't know what the prob is.

Daniel;
Start here:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/updt9xad.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

"daniel-1" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> first time here - so not sure if i do it propperly - while looking
for updates - after a second a notice "Administrator only etc"
appears. I think I am one - but cannot continue - thanks for help -
daniel-1

"Administrators Only" Error Message When You Attempt to Use the Windows Update Site:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;316524

"Windows Update Was Disabled by Your System Administrator" Error Message:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;326686

Windows Update Disabled - Network Policy:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_winupd_netpolicy.htm

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

The Parasite Fight - Quick Fix Protocol:
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm