Abit AT7 Boot and Audio problems

powernout

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2002
Here we go.

1. I had LAN problems when I bought the baord two weeks ago. Turns out a production of 1000 boards had this problem, so I went back and got a new board.

2. LAN working fine, but I had NO audio what so ever. Active and passive speakers nor a headset provided me with sound. I have Auto swithed on in the bios.

3. Went back today and got my 3rd board. No audio again!!! So I installed XP again, and just as I was about to install the video drivers, my screen went black. I could not press the reset button, so a hard reboot was the only option.

Now I have a green and yellow LED burning on my MB. No idea what this means, but what I do no, is that my monitor is not receiving any signal; there is no system beep and I cannot do a single thing anymore... I have read about CPU problems... I hope to God this is not the case.... Anybody have any ideas on this problem AND the audio????

Thanks,

Powernout

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by powernout on 07/07/02 03:43 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Gojo

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2002
Youch.
What MB is it?
Also, do you have the "Audio Bios errors" or something like that turned on in the CMOS? My MB has that as default and instead of beep codes you'll get some voice telling you what's wrong (but you can barely hear it.)

=-Gojo-=

powernout

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2002
Good point.. I thought I had posted which MB it was...

I have reset the CMOS. This morning I rebuilt the pc from scratch and it worked (for 3-4 minutes). Possibly CPU???

I believe I have ruled out the possibility of a defective AGP card (replaced it with my working PCI card) and the power problem, as I just purchased a new power unit.

Here are the full specs:
MB :Abit AT7
AMD Athlon 2000+
256 Kingston DDR 2700 RAM
Gainward GF4 Ti 4200 64MB
80Gig Maxtor harddisk
Zallman CNPS 6000 cooler
Creative 8x4x32 burner

People who talk don't listen