Help! Adware has ruined me! Unable to run explorer now!

I have successfully deleted adware from my Explorer program by using AdAware. I had to (shudder) download netscape to get it
on a memory stick and then to apply it to my IE prgrm. However, now I am unable to run my IE program at all. It now says
"page not available" for any address used.

I have tried to download Internet explorer from Microsofts website, but the same problem exists.

Any suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about help adware ruined unable explorer

    ----- rudder wrote: -----

    I have successfully deleted adware from my Explorer program by using AdAware. I had to (shudder) download netscape to get it
    on a memory stick and then to apply it to my IE prgrm. However, now I am unable to run my IE program at all. It now says
    "page not available" for any address used.

    I have tried to download Internet explorer from Microsofts website, but the same problem exists.

    Any suggestions?

    Try running the lspfix (Winsock repair edit). You can get it here
    http://cexx.org/lspfix.htm

    rudder cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly:

    > I have successfully deleted adware from my Explorer program by using AdAware. I had to (shudder) download netscape to get it
    > on a memory stick and then to apply it to my IE prgrm.

    Eh? What on earth does THAT all mean? What EXACTLY did you try to do?

    > However, now I am unable to run my IE program at all. It now says
    > "page not available" for any address used.
    >
    > I have tried to download Internet explorer from Microsofts website, but the same problem exists.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Repair OE and IE
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q318378

    --
    gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

    To email me replace the obvious!

Download Internet Explorer Explorer Windows XP