Help! Adware has ruined me! Unable to run explorer now!

June 1, 2004 1:31:05 PM

I have successfully deleted adware from my Explorer program by using AdAware. I had to (shudder) download netscape to get it
on a memory stick and then to apply it to my IE prgrm. However, now I am unable to run my IE program at all. It now says
"page not available" for any address used.

I have tried to download Internet explorer from Microsofts website, but the same problem exists.

Any suggestions?
June 1, 2004 2:01:08 PM

----- rudder wrote: -----

I have successfully deleted adware from my Explorer program by using AdAware. I had to (shudder) download netscape to get it
on a memory stick and then to apply it to my IE prgrm. However, now I am unable to run my IE program at all. It now says
"page not available" for any address used.

I have tried to download Internet explorer from Microsofts website, but the same problem exists.

Any suggestions?

Try running the lspfix (Winsock repair edit). You can get it here
http://cexx.org/lspfix.htm
June 1, 2004 9:42:54 PM

rudder cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly:

> I have successfully deleted adware from my Explorer program by using AdAware. I had to (shudder) download netscape to get it
> on a memory stick and then to apply it to my IE prgrm.

Eh? What on earth does THAT all mean? What EXACTLY did you try to do?

> However, now I am unable to run my IE program at all. It now says
> "page not available" for any address used.
>
> I have tried to download Internet explorer from Microsofts website, but the same problem exists.
>
> Any suggestions?

Repair OE and IE
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q318378

--