AWESOME new G80 Crysis HD DX10 droolage video! :D

RTsa

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
Well, that was certainly decent, eh? :D

What I didn't like about it was the overdone motion blur, though. That and the leaves, when shot. :?

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
That and the leaves, when shot. :?

I found that quite hilarious actually, emptying a rifle on a palmtree without dropping a leaf. And then when pointing at another tree farther away, just shooting a branch off the tree at an unlikely distance. I think they need to do some more tuning. Also, I guess it won't be possible to shoot the leaves off of every tree. There would be significant gameplay impact if the whole environment could be shot to pieces, and it would take too much processing power I guess...

RTsa

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
Except, as you might've heard, the whole environment is supposed to be destructible. :p

I guess you'll need a dual core to really enjoy the FPS. Having a core just for physics alone gets you quite far, as you can see from the Alan Wake video. ;)

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
Except, as you might've heard, the whole environment is supposed to be destructible. :p

I guess you'll need a dual core to really enjoy the FPS. Having a core just for physics alone gets you quite far, as you can see from the Alan Wake video. ;)

The Alan Wake video shows a live performance on a quad core machine, as you might have heard :p but we're discussing Crysis here I think.

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
I guess you'll need a dual core to really enjoy the FPS. Having a core just for physics alone gets you quite far

My point being that dual core will actually not get you quite that far, but you will probably need at least quad core to get the full gaming experience.

RTsa

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
Oh, ok. We shall see, I guess. The demo isn't supposed to be too far away, but since the release itself got pushed back again, it could be a while. :(

hardcoregamer

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
hi i cant wait till dis game is out you reckon ill be able to play on high settings

Intel Core 2 DUO E6600
MSI 975X Platinum PowerUP Edition
Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2-5400C4 TwinX (2x1GB)
Seagate 250 gb ard drive sata 2
Pioneer DVR-111D 16x16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter
xfx 8800 gts
7.1 surround sound
17inch monitor
what u reckon not bad made it for £600.00 not bad

RTsa

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
Wait for the demo and you'll see how it plays. Also, what're "high settings"? What resolution? 1600x1200 or lower? If lower, then I'm sure you'll reach high settings, if higher then I'm pretty sure you won't get highest settings in any case. How about AA & AF? Too many variables to actually answer your question...

And since there're no system requirements out yet, we can only guess. Check out this thread for more info on what you'll need:
http://incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=905

Aerobernardo

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2006
Well after buying a 2.5k PC and now aiming for a PS3, there is no way I'm gonna upgrade my X1900XTX until 2008. We have all seen what the G80+Crysis combo can do, but I wonder when will we ever see a Crysis video running on a 7900GTX or a X1900XTX, since they are still the majority out there.
And for those who think that DX10 will be a must have, be aware that it is a DX9c that copy instructions instead of reloading them. You might ask "so what?". It means that the eye candy features are the same of a DX9c video card, but they are more intense since you can max out HDR without stressing the card, since it uses a smarter code. It also means that at low resolutions you wouldn't see much of a difference, since after you reach 40fps on a DX9c video card, the only thing a G80 would do is raising that number to lets say 90Fps or even more. Of course, those who can spare U$600 on a video card won't be playing on a low res monitor. If I had the cash I would also run towards DX10.

Keeping the focus, when will we see the Crysis+X1900XTX or Xrysis+7900GTX combo to see how good it will be?

RTsa

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
When? You've already seen dozens of videos running on DX9 hardware. Everything (as far as I know) except the G80 video and Microsoft press conference clip have been DX9. So just look at all other Crysis videos on this page and you'll see what it looked like in earlier builds. :)

Aerobernardo

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2006
UH, nop!

All the oficial videos that you have seen, including those from E3, are with a G80 video card. There hasn't been a single gameplay with todays cards yet.

RTsa

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
UH, nop!

All the oficial videos that you have seen, including those from E3, are with a G80 video card. There hasn't been a single gameplay with todays cards yet.
UH, nop!
You're pretty much as wrong as you can be and I'm right. :roll:

So you've been reading all the info there is about the game? You've seen all the screenshots and all the clips there're about it? You've read magazines, which have had something on Crysis? You've read the interviews there're on the Internet? If you had (like I have) you'd know that they didn't have anything DX10 at GC OR E3 (except pre-recorded stuff), for example. All the gameplay videos you can see from either of those is still DX9. :wink:

celewign

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
So you've been reading all the info there is about the game? You've seen all the screenshots and all the clips there're about it? You've read magazines, which have had something on Crysis? You've read the interviews there're on the Internet? If you had (like I have)

Wow, you must have a lot of time on your hands to read ALL there is about Crysis ( :roll: :roll: :roll: ). Let me be the first:

***DIE NOOB DIE!***

Sorry, had to get that out of my system. Stop the flaming guys. I don't think any of you can say that you know what GPUs were used for screenies, because all the screenies are usually controlled to some extent by the devs. Don't even talk until the demo comes out.
-cm

Aerobernardo

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2006
UH, nop!

UH, nop!
You're pretty much as wrong as you can be and I'm right. :roll:

So you've been reading all the info there is about the game? You've seen all the screenshots and all the clips there're about it? You've read magazines, which have had something on Crysis? You've read the interviews there're on the Internet? If you had (like I have) you'd know that they didn't have anything DX10 at GC OR E3 (except pre-recorded stuff), for example. All the gameplay videos you can see from either of those is still DX9. :wink:

Ima believe in you and not start a competition nor a fight like we see in these forums. All the videos that I have seen (from early November I think) were posted in here by members and all of them has the G80 in the title and the link to the official and unofficial site. Still you look a lot confident. If the 2 other videos were made on a X1900 based PC, I can't tell you how happy I might be on Crysis launch.

RTsa

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
Yeh, well..when you're a co-runner of a Crysis fansite, you kind of have to have seen all the vids and screenies and read as much as you can. ;)

But yeah, a X1900 should make you happy. :D

VBDude

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
All the videos that I have seen (from early November I think) were posted in here by members and all of them has the G80 in the title and the link to the official and unofficial site.

Ha, I see how that would be confusing, but the real reason they so prominently display G80 is because these are some of the first DX10 videos released. We've been waiting a long time to see these, so that's all we talk about. But yeah, everything before was DX9.

Aerobernardo

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2006
All the videos that I have seen (from early November I think) were posted in here by members and all of them has the G80 in the title and the link to the official and unofficial site.

Ha, I see how that would be confusing, but the real reason they so prominently display G80 is because these are some of the first DX10 videos released. We've been waiting a long time to see these, so that's all we talk about. But yeah, everything before was DX9.

Good to have that enlightened.
I just wonder if a X1900XTX+Opteron@2.6-2.7Ghz will make Crysis run smooth on my 1280x1024 19in LCD. If that is possible (at high sets) I guess Ill just know when the demo shows up. I believe I'll just be unable to play in high sets in higher resolutions, but I really fear Crysis, it's intensive and beautiful: should be very stress full for any rig to push it further. Thats when Alienware, Voodoo, Falcon and so on will justify using a 2k Watts PSU and 4 Video cards on a 10k rig.

TRENDING THREADS