Is "View as web page gone from XP home"?

I just got a new computer and would like to customize my folder's.I
liked Win98 "View as web page" folder option but in XP home I don't
see this option.Has it been removed from XP Home or am I not looking
in the right place.?
I've done searches but all of them seem to direct me to REGISTRY
editing which I'm not comfortable with.Is there a small program which
will allow me to "View as web page" out there?

TIA

The only place I recall seeing "view as web page" is in
the Office Suites (Word, etc.), not win98 or XP.
Without more info, I at least, can't add too much more.
I think you are mixed up on which program maybe?

Pop

"mistersmitty" <mistersmitty@hotmail.com> wrote in
message
>> I just got a new computer and would like to
customize my folder's.I
>> liked Win98 "View as web page" folder option but in
XP home I don't
>> see this option.Has it been removed from XP Home or
am I not looking
>> in the right place.?
>> I've done searches but all of them seem to direct me
to REGISTRY
>> editing which I'm not comfortable with.Is there a
small program which
>> will allow me to "View as web page" out there?
>>
>> TIA

This is what I was refering to but I forgot any Folder options in XP
was under "Tools" not under "View".
Thanks for the reply anyway.

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 00:15:51 GMT, mistersmitty wrote:

> This is what I was refering to but I forgot any Folder options in XP
> was under "Tools" not under "View".
> Thanks for the reply anyway.

It is gone from XP. The equivalent in XP is the common tasks pane and
"customize" in a folder's properties.

There are workarounds for duplicating the Win98 folder look. One is
described on the following page under "Folder Backgrounds - Customize":
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_f.htm

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User