Administrator Woes

Kira

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

I am trying to use my CD Drive E to backup some information. However, I keep getting the message: "You do not have access to the folder 'E:\'. See your administrator for access to this folder."
I am logged on as the owner. How do I make myself the administrator?
Thanks so much for any help you can give me - I am going nuts.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hi Kira,

Not sure if this will help by try this.

1 Open Control Panel
2 Open Administrative Tools
3 Open Local Security Policy
4 Expand Local Policies
5 Click on Security Options
6 Ensure that Accounts: Administrator account status is
enabled.