Temp. Internet Files

Hi! I recenbtly had XP installed and I am not able to find Wiondows/Temp. Internet Files/ as I could with 98. Where would I find these files? Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about temp internet files

    Several ways.
    One would be to do a search for Temporary Internet Files.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files

    C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files

    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files

    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files

    C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files

    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files
    ==========

    Right click IE icon | Properties | General tab | Settings button |
    View Files button
    ---

    Start | Run | Type: %TEMP% | OK |
    Click the Folders icon to see the Tree in the left-hand pane |
    Click the + next to Temporary Internet Files to expand |
    Content.IE5 | Random genereated name files
    ---------

    Start | Run | Type: cleanmgr | OK |
    Highlight: Temporary Internet Files | View Files button

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:525D0325-50A1-4719-97E9-D1FCB1EEA7C4@microsoft.com,
    pjenk <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi! I recenbtly had XP installed and I am not able to find
    > Wiondows/Temp. Internet Files/ as I could with 98. Where would I
    > find these files? Thanks.

Internet Microsoft Windows XP