Temp. Internet Files

June 1, 2004 10:51:05 PM

Hi! I recenbtly had XP installed and I am not able to find Wiondows/Temp. Internet Files/ as I could with 98. Where would I find these files? Thanks.

More about : temp internet files

Anonymous
June 2, 2004 7:24:20 AM

Several ways.
One would be to do a search for Temporary Internet Files.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files

C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files
==========

Right click IE icon | Properties | General tab | Settings button |
View Files button
---

Start | Run | Type: %TEMP% | OK |
Click the Folders icon to see the Tree in the left-hand pane |
Click the + next to Temporary Internet Files to expand |
Content.IE5 | Random genereated name files
---------

Start | Run | Type: cleanmgr | OK |
Highlight: Temporary Internet Files | View Files button

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:525D0325-50A1-4719-97E9-D1FCB1EEA7C4@microsoft.com,