Splinter Cell 4 demo problem

Hello,

I just downloaded the Splinter Cell Double Agent demo, and unfortunately, it crashes every time I try to run it, here is what happens:

Once I double click on the game's icon, and let the companies' logos fly by (and sometimes it crashes during this), but once it crashed while I was loading the first mission of the demo -- but it's always the same error.

---

Here's my two error messages:

1. Splinter Cell 4 Crash window pops up and says: "try vortex shader"

then

2. a Windows error window pops up and says this:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: DoubleAgentDemo\SCDA-Offline\system\SpinterCell4.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

---

At first, before running the game, the game scanned by hardware for requirement purposes, and it told me that my Shader was version 2.0, and I needed 3.0. Now i have an ATI x850, so I downloaded the newest driver, and I'm sure I have version 3.0 now, but it still did not work.

Please help me out here, if you know what's going on.
4 answers Last reply
More about splinter cell demo problem
  1. hi m8.

i have your card and unfortunately the fat bitches did a deal with nvidia to make the game shader 3 ONLY in an attempt to get us all to buy an even more of a rip off GPU.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM they do not deserve this.

Whenever a publisher does this shit you get the game off bit torrent and do not pay. that will teach the fuckers not to fuck us over.
  2. Quote:
    hi m8.

i have your card and unfortunately the fat bitches did a deal with nvidia to make the game shader 3 ONLY in an attempt to get us all to buy an even more of a rip off GPU.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM they do not deserve this.

Whenever a publisher does this **** you get the game off bit torrent and do not pay. that will teach the ****** not to **** us over.

They don't lose money from illegal copies.

At least I don't plan on using the game as if it were bought from the store if I downloaded it, I use full game downloads to try the game if there is no demo, such as CSS.

CSS is a good game, but it lacks content IMO, BF2 us a much better game if you like vehicles.

But back on subject, I think that in a way it's good to upgrade, basically this is telling us that more games will be shader 3.0 and that it will be a necessity, but this change won't be often as you can see.

I am in need of a new video card as it is, so I will be sure to get shader 3.0 when I do.

But it really sucks when a game needs so much to run, warrock has the ability to run on 64mb integrated, but also be able to set settings so high that it lags a 9600PRO 256mb 128bit 4 pipe card, why not other games?
  3. I think it's a sham, it's pure bullshit.

The x850 is not new, but it's not old either. I even checked on ATI's website, and my card has SmartShader HD... shouldn't that equal out to version 3.0 on Nvidia cards?

I hope ATI, or Ubisoft does something about it, because they are isolating a large part of the gaming community by doing this. A lot of people have x850s or even lower cards. Making someone pay $200+ for a new video card for one game, is just ridiculous.
  4. Well I paid $80 for this 9600pro, and there are so many games that I can play, I'm not going to get a new card just to try a demo.

But I do plan to upgrade to max out BF2, and perhaps FEAR if I didn't get those damn invalid game assets errors.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Runtime Video Games