can't read or open files from floppy disks

I have tried every attempt to access files on my floppy disks! Every single last one of them will not and can not be read nor opened. I have even tried to format these disks, however, my system will not proceed with the command. I hate to have to toss them out. When I try to run the disk, my system reads, " not responding", and takes forever! My floppy drive is working successfully, yet I still cannot access these files in any which manner. It is as if the disks were blank, but my system does not get that far to determine the status. Any ideas would help.

"ravenblayze" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have tried every attempt to access files on my floppy disks! Every
single last one of them will not and can not be read nor opened. I have even
tried to format these disks, however, my system will not proceed with the
command. I hate to have to toss them out. When I try to run the disk, my
system reads, " not responding", and takes forever! My floppy drive is
working successfully, yet I still cannot access these files in any which
manner. It is as if the disks were blank, but my system does not get that
far to determine the status. Any ideas would help.
How can you say your floppy drive is working successfully if you cannot open
the disks? Do the disks open on another computer? Or is it just some disks
and not all disks? Your posting is a bit ambiguous. We need more details.

If you format any of the floppies you will lose everything that is on them.
Take the floppies to a friends computer and see if they work there.
Borrow a known good floppy from a friend and see if that works with
your drive.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:F47F0120-AC9E-4512-8B09-6C9B489F15F1@microsoft.com,
ravenblayze <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

> If you format any of the floppies you will lose everything that is on
> them. Take the floppies to a friends computer and see if they work
> there.
> Borrow a known good floppy from a friend and see if that works with
> your drive.
>

> In news:F47F0120-AC9E-4512-8B09-6C9B489F15F1@microsoft.com,
> ravenblayze <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>> I have tried every attempt to access files on my floppy disks! Every
>> single last one of them will not and can not be read nor opened. I
>> have even tried to format these disks, however, my system will not
>> proceed with the command. I hate to have to toss them out. When I try
>> to run the disk, my system reads, " not responding", and takes
>> forever! My floppy drive is working successfully, yet I still cannot
>> access these files in any which manner. It is as if the disks were
>> blank, but my system does not get that far to determine the status.
>> Any ideas would help.
how do you know your floppy drive is ok ???
sounds like the drive is broken

Latest posts