default number for a contact on LG VX6000

So I used Bitpim and my USB cable and successfully exported my palm's
address book as a CSV file and onto my LG VX6000. I'm perplexed by a few
things on the VX6000 contacts though.

When you are looking at a specific contact, and a phone number is
highlighted, there are two icons down at the bottom above the softkey "new"
and "option" text, and both of theses icons say "none". My only guess was
that the "S" is speed dial and the next one that looks like a pair of lips
is voice dial. Am I right? I haven't played with setting those yet.

2nd question.. after importing my numbers, I have two or three numbers for
some ppl, and for all of them with "home" numbers, home is the icon that
shows by their name and the default number that is dialed when you hit send
from the contact name.. Is there anyway to switch which number is dialed
by default from the name selection level of the address book? Can I
customize it so the more frequently used number is the default?

Thanks in advance.
-Ethan

--
To e-mail me, replace "_nospamtoday_" with the "@" symbol when replying to
my address.

hupjack wrote:
> 2nd question.. after importing my numbers, I have two or three numbers for
> some ppl, and for all of them with "home" numbers, home is the icon that
> shows by their name and the default number that is dialed when you hit send
> from the contact name.. Is there anyway to switch which number is dialed
> by default from the name selection level of the address book? Can I
> customize it so the more frequently used number is the default?

Double click on the entry in BitPim and then go to the numbers tab. You
can click up or down to move the order of the numbers. You can also change
the tag (home, office, fax etc).

Roger