Sign in with
Your question

Strange Problem

Last response: in Motherboards
July 9, 2002 7:02:33 PM

I am running a Intel 1.6 gig,on a Soyo Dragon plus MB,with 256k of DDram.Recently,my cd burner started locking up at the beginning of a burn.The burner checks good in another pc.Now,sometimes when I type in characters in the address bar,they start actually showing up a few seconds later,kinda like a time delay.My bios health system program shows my cpu temp at approx.43 degrees Celcius,under a light load.I have the case cover off,and 4 seperate cooling fans running,but the computer room is a little warm sometimes,compared to the rest of the house. Would a cpu running warm display these symptoms? I dont recall having these symptoms until the weather started warming up outside,but I am really not sure what is happening,as I have never had an overheat problem before..Thanks for any suggestions..:) 

If ya don't ask..How ya gonna know.

More about : strange problem

a b V Motherboard
July 9, 2002 8:15:18 PM

Every time I've seen that, it's been corrupt files or a memory glitch causing it. Check for viruses first, using the latest.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>
July 9, 2002 9:58:56 PM

Okay,I'll look in that direction...Thanks.:) 

July 10, 2002 1:10:28 PM

No virus found.I think I'll fire up Si Soft Sandra,and see what that will tell me..............:) 

!