Best Family Deal?

Hello,

I need to replace some prepaid devices for my family. I am interested in
your opinion on current specials for:

1. The best Verizon plan for family with mostly cellular to cellular
minutes (in-network) - other useage is probably in the 500-1000 minute
range.
and
2. The best model cellular device in your opinion (I need to replace
several and bear in mind, we currently use older Kyocera 2035's and have
had little trouble with them).

Thank you,
Bud Stein

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"BG1811" <billgourley@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Bud, be aware that the "in-network" unlimited minutes for any phones on
the
> family plans have limitations. The main phone in the family plan has true
> unlimited minutes, but, the other family plan phones only have unlimited
> minutes to the main family plan phone. When they are used to call other
VZW
> phones it comes from your bucket of minutes. My wife and I stayed with
the
> 1000 mobile to mobile minutes which we share. I find the ads for the
> in-network minutes to be very misleading.
>
> "Bud Stein" <RockyMountainHigh(AT)SoftHome(DOT)Net> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I need to replace some prepaid devices for my family. I am interested
in
> > your opinion on current specials for:
> >
> > 1. The best Verizon plan for family with mostly cellular to cellular
> > minutes (in-network) - other useage is probably in the 500-1000 minute
> > range.
> > and
> > 2. The best model cellular device in your opinion (I need to replace
> > several and bear in mind, we currently use older Kyocera 2035's and have
> > had little trouble with them).
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Bud Stein

The way the plan was described to me by Vzw is that for an additional $10.00
per each line you can add the full fledged "in-network" to any family phone.
--
Please remove the "STAIN" to reply !

Bill & Martin,

Thank you so much for the "real" information! I was not aware of the
limitations of the "in-network" minutes --- very interesting :eek:)

Thanks so much,
Bud

In article <iGElc.192$835.54169@news.uswest.net>,
martinmichael4@STAINqwest.net says...

> "BG1811" <billgourley@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > Bud, be aware that the "in-network" unlimited minutes for any phones on
> the
> > family plans have limitations. The main phone in the family plan has true
> > unlimited minutes, but, the other family plan phones only have unlimited
> > minutes to the main family plan phone. When they are used to call other
> VZW
> > phones it comes from your bucket of minutes. My wife and I stayed with
> the
> > 1000 mobile to mobile minutes which we share. I find the ads for the
> > in-network minutes to be very misleading.
>
> The way the plan was described to me by Vzw is that for an additional $10.00
> per each line you can add the full fledged "in-network" to any family phone.

The dr offers an incorrect statement was made. Think family plan, unlimited
family calling. And if you want unlimited "in-network" for all of those
shared lines, then it is $10 per account, NOT $10 per line. The dr.

Base plan +20, +20 + 20 +20 will give you 5 lines. Add $10 to the total,
and everyone now has unl in-net.

Unless of course your in the midwest, where the Local Digital Choice plans
have the shares for FREE for 6 months as the current promotion. Still need
to add $10 to the account if all want unl in-net, otherwise only the main
get unl in-net, and the others get unl family calling (within the account).

--
Dr. wireMORE (don't accept "less", demand "more")
Wireless Consultant/Engineer & Midwest VZW Master Agent

If you need specific help, leave your email address & we'll try to contact
you.

> > "BG1811" <billgourley@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
<snip>

> > The way the plan was described to me by Vzw is that for an additional
$10.00
> > per each line you can add the full fledged "in-network" to any family
phone.

"BG1811" <billgourley@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Bud, be aware that the "in-network" unlimited minutes for any phones on
the
> family plans have limitations. The main phone in the family plan has true
> unlimited minutes, but, the other family plan phones only have unlimited
> minutes to the main family plan phone. When they are used to call other
VZW
> phones it comes from your bucket of minutes. My wife and I stayed with
the
> 1000 mobile to mobile minutes which we share. I find the ads for the
> in-network minutes to be very misleading.

They now have a plan where for $10 extra (total, not per line), the
additional phones get in-network minutes.

And you know this because you have the advantage of hindsight, being
3 months into the future ? :)

(Check your clock)

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 18:40:40 -0500, "BG1811"
<billgourley@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Bud, be aware that the "in-network" unlimited minutes for any phones on the
>family plans have limitations. The main phone in the family plan has true
>unlimited minutes, but, the other family plan phones only have unlimited
>minutes to the main family plan phone. When they are used to call other VZW
>phones it comes from your bucket of minutes. My wife and I stayed with the
>1000 mobile to mobile minutes which we share. I find the ads for the
>in-network minutes to be very misleading.
>
>"Bud Stein" <RockyMountainHigh(AT)SoftHome(DOT)Net> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I need to replace some prepaid devices for my family. I am interested in
>> your opinion on current specials for:
>>
>> 1. The best Verizon plan for family with mostly cellular to cellular
>> minutes (in-network) - other useage is probably in the 500-1000 minute
>> range.
>> and
>> 2. The best model cellular device in your opinion (I need to replace
>> several and bear in mind, we currently use older Kyocera 2035's and have
>> had little trouble with them).
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Bud Stein

- NymbLz
(Rhymes with cymbals)
Stop seeing double to reply

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 18:40:40 -0500, "BG1811" <billgourley@bellsouth.net>
wrote:
>Bud, be aware that the "in-network" unlimited minutes for any phones on the
>family plans have limitations. The main phone in the family plan has true
>unlimited minutes, but, the other family plan phones only have unlimited
>minutes to the main family plan phone. When they are used to call other VZW
>phones it comes from your bucket of minutes. My wife and I stayed with the
>1000 mobile to mobile minutes which we share. I find the ads for the
>in-network minutes to be very misleading.

for an extra $10/month per account (not phone), you can get true,
IN-network calling on all the secondary lines.

--
Bob Scheurle | "There's nobody getting
njtbob@X-optonline-X.net | rich writing software."

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"Bob Scheurle" <njtbob2@X-optonline-X.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 18:40:40 -0500, "BG1811" <billgourley@bellsouth.net>
> wrote:
> >Bud, be aware that the "in-network" unlimited minutes for any phones on
the
> >family plans have limitations. The main phone in the family plan has
true
> >unlimited minutes, but, the other family plan phones only have unlimited
> >minutes to the main family plan phone. When they are used to call other
VZW
> >phones it comes from your bucket of minutes. My wife and I stayed with
the
> >1000 mobile to mobile minutes which we share. I find the ads for the
> >in-network minutes to be very misleading.
>
> for an extra $10/month per account (not phone), you can get true,
> IN-network calling on all the secondary lines.

And I think it is really an excellent deal. My minute usage has gone down
and I have unlimited full duplex mtm calling without using a toy walkie
talkie.