aceprowler

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
WTF, it's selling on Fleebay for 3 to 6,000 American Dollars.

Are these people stupid or what. They have not a clue on what kind of computer they could build with that kind of money!

I would wait in line for 2 days to make 5k. Figure, the box goes for $600. That is one hell of a profit.

The world is full of stupid people song just rings in every time I see someone paying so much for something new like this.

If no one would buy 1 of those 400k boxes being sent out for 2x's the price. Then the gaming world wouldn't be able to inflate the prices so much.

But, everyone wants something that no one else has.

icbluscrn

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
WTF, it's selling on Fleebay for 3 to 6,000 American Dollars.

Are these people stupid or what. They have not a clue on what kind of computer they could build with that kind of money!

I would wait in line for 2 days to make 5k. Figure, the box goes for $600. That is one hell of a profit.

The world is full of stupid people song just rings in every time I see someone paying so much for something new like this.

If no one would buy 1 of those 400k boxes being sent out for 2x's the price. Then the gaming world wouldn't be able to inflate the prices so much.

But, everyone wants something that no one else has.

Your wrong the world is full of poor people like yourself that cant afford to pay the premium so then you start threads complaining about poeple who can.... so tell me who's stupid?

aceprowler

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
Your wrong the world is full of poor people like yourself that cant afford to pay the premium so then you start threads complaining about poeple who can.... so tell me who's stupid?

See, in your world, your mommy and daddy pay for everything. List your an engineer. Yet still lives with mommy. Think of it, and engineer, that spells "Opinion" in a new language I suppose. "opinoins"

I own a 2 story home, 2 cars. A garage to Keep my Mint condition 87 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe.

I also have a 9yr old daughter that goes to a private school. She just got straight A's again.

So this poor person wouldn't pay to have something that can be had for 1/4 the price in a month. Only stupid people would by now.

Once again, I hear the "The World is Full Of Stupid People" Song.

Sing it with me people.

HaHaHa.

ches111

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
Ic,

You seem to be assuming the people that are purchasing these are rich people that CAN afford it.

I guarantee there are a lot of poor people that just maxed out the credit card and are waiting till tax season to pay it off (but something else will come up by then ;)).

I also guarantee that most rich people are actually pretty frugal. They would not entertain the idea of purchasing something at 2 - 10 times its MSRP. That is how they stay rich (qualify that as you will).

Rich folks might actually purchase things of a higher dollar value. Like a high dollar car. The difference is the car normally costs X amount today or tomorrow. There is rarely a severely depreciated value that some other customer could purchase it at (unless used of course).

So you think as you wish... I "think" that very few RICH people are purchasing these. Very few RICH people would rarely stand in line longer than a few hours let alone camp for days. The RICH guy would have someone else do it for him ;).

icbluscrn

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Aceprowler said:
See, in your world, your mommy and daddy pay for everything. List your an engineer. Yet still lives with mommy. Think of it, and engineer, that spells "Opinion" in a new language I suppose. "opinoins"

I own a 2 story home, 2 cars. A garage to Keep my Mint condition 87 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe.

I also have a 9yr old daughter that goes to a private school. She just got straight A's again.

So this poor person wouldn't pay to have something that can be had for 1/4 the price in a month. Only stupid people would by now.

Once again, I hear the "The World is Full Of Stupid People" Song.

Sing it with me people.

HaHaHa.

LOL you came back with " I have money because I have a 87 aero-coupe" that was funny. kind of made my day you sure its not parked on the lawn?
You can make fun of the way i write and my spelling errors because English is not my primary language...and just Maybe you are starting your own language "List your an engineer" either you seriously f'd up "unless" or you meant "lest" That was a sentance enlighten me what did you mean?

So because something(being the ps3) is not "worth" something(being the current asking price) to you, yet it is to someone else that makes them stupid for buying it? Are you sure your not the 9 year old?

ches111,

I never said rich people are buying it. i just said the poor people are not buying it.( you must be a democrat? only two classes of people rich/poor?) The one thing i have come to understand through the years is when poeple say " Look how much these stupid people paid for ______" or the ever popular " I would never pay that much for______"its usually because they cant afford it. now being able to buy something is not the same as being able to afford something.

It all comes down to what its "worth" and worth is based on values, values vary person to person. To call someone stupid because of this well thats just infantile. And me trying to argue this here well .....thats just retarded

On another note these "poor people you speak of they are paying with pay pal" I only saw 2 listings that allowed cc payment. if they are taking cash advance's on there CC well then they must have a high limit for a reason.