Nikon Coolpix 3200 crashes HP 7920 computer

Carl

Hi all-

I have an HP 7920 computer... Yea, it's older and sluggish, but I've
upgraded to Windows XP, so it has generally worked just fine... Until
I bought my new Nikkon Coolpix 3200 digital camera. Whenever I plug
the camera into my computer, it literally crashes the machine. The
"New hardware found" message comes up in the lower corner, but then a
few seconds later it crashes and restarts.

Nikkon told me that it was most likely an HP issue, and that I could
try to reload my USB Host Controller. I've uninstalled that and
reinstalled that, and still nothing. I called HP, and I'm outside of
my warranty, so they won't help me unless I give them an arm and a
leg.

Anyone have any ideas? Please post, or email me at
carlsunder@hotmail.com.

Thank you for your help!

Carl Sundermann

I would consider bypassing the built-in USB ports by adding a truly PCI 2.0
compliant USB card. I have my doubts that the 7920 USB ports are anything more
than USB 1.1, not good enough for today's modern USB appliances.

.... Ben Myers