V60s vs 3589i

Okay, I have had my 3589i for a day and I do not like it very much because
it feels like I am holding a brick to my ear. Also, the color screen looks
washed out and I am considering exchanging it for a V60s. Can anyone tell
me about their experience with the V60s? I'm don't need a color screen, or
bells and whistles, I just need a good solid phone with a decent volume on
the ear piece. Battery life is not that important to me as I would opt for
a car charger. Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about v60s 3589i

    60s is a great product. But id you think the screen is washed out on the
    3589 you'll hate the 60s. I gave my kids a 3589 and I think the screen is
    great. But it does not have the functionality of the 60s for my needs. YMMV.
    Larry

    On Sat, 1 May 2004 17:19:00 -0400, "HC" <Invalid@replyviausenet.net>
    wrote:

    >Thanks, thats actually all I need, is a good voice phone, I've gotten away
    >from all the bells and whistles and just want to make a receive calls. I
    >got a v400 with Cingular now and I don't like their service. Too unreliable.
    >So, I'm moving to VZW in hopes of better service.

    I just upgraded to a v60s phone a couple of days ago. Its a great
    voice phone. The calls are clear and reception is good (better than my
    old v120e). It has a good loud receiver and a good speaker phone.

    I used to be with Cingular when it was Cellular One. I changed to
    Verizon two years ago. My contract was up and was eligable for a "New
    Every Two" and got the v60s. Sure, had to sign up for another 2 year
    agreement, but happy I did.

    Dave

    In article <7bu890hvlk36qbakoc1vf1co523tc48urq@4ax.com>,
    Diamond Dave <dmine45.NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > On Sat, 1 May 2004 17:19:00 -0400, "HC" <Invalid@replyviausenet.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Thanks, thats actually all I need, is a good voice phone, I've gotten away
    > >from all the bells and whistles and just want to make a receive calls. I
    > >got a v400 with Cingular now and I don't like their service. Too unreliable.
    > >So, I'm moving to VZW in hopes of better service.
    >
    > I just upgraded to a v60s phone a couple of days ago. Its a great
    > voice phone. The calls are clear and reception is good (better than my
    > old v120e). It has a good loud receiver and a good speaker phone.
    >
    > I used to be with Cingular when it was Cellular One. I changed to
    > Verizon two years ago. My contract was up and was eligable for a "New
    > Every Two" and got the v60s. Sure, had to sign up for another 2 year
    > agreement, but happy I did.
    >
    > Dave

    And if you own a V60s, you should know that there is an inherent problem
    with receiving calls if the KEY volume is set to 0 in *any* of the
    _5_Ring Styles.

    I just recently learned this, and I own 3 V60s's. If any of the modes
    has the key volume set to 0, after cycling the speakerphone on and off
    approx 8 times - the ringer ceases to ring when a call comes in.

    Just a FYI...

    Fred

    --
    "Light moves faster than sound. That's why some
    folks appear bright until you hear them speak..."

Verizon Internet Service Providers