I Lost Administrative rights to operating system

I accidentaly deleted the 2 users who had full administrative rights to my operating system(windows xp home edition) the only user left is a limited user who does not have rights to restore or create a user. How can I get administrative rights back without doing a complete system recovery?
4 answers Last reply
More about lost administrative rights operating system

    Hi,

    I would contact Microsoft!

    Greetings --

    Simply log in using the built-in Administrator account (which
    cannot be deleted) and modify the desired account. By design, the only
    way to log into the Administrator account of WinXP Home is to reboot
    into Safe Mode. For WinXP Pro, pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL twice at the
    Welcome Screen will produce the standard login dialog box.

    Bruce Chambers
    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. - RAH

    "EL FRUSTRADO" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I accidentaly deleted the 2 users who had full administrative rights
    to my operating system(windows xp home edition) the only user left is
    a limited user who does not have rights to restore or create a user.
    How can I get administrative rights back without doing a complete
    system recovery?

    the same exact thing happened to me...how do you reboot into safe mode? Where do I go? And can I get my original administrator account back? Its like it all deleted! HELP! :)

    To boot into Safe Mode you need to restart your computer then keep pressing
    and releasing the F8 key until you see the Advanced Boot Menu. Use the arrow
    keys to select "Safe Mode" and press the Enter Key.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "missy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > the same exact thing happened to me...how do you reboot into safe mode?
    > Where do I go? And can I get my original administrator account back? Its
    > like it all deleted! HELP! :)

System Recovery Microsoft Windows XP