I Lost Administrative rights to operating system

I accidentaly deleted the 2 users who had full administrative rights to my operating system(windows xp home edition) the only user left is a limited user who does not have rights to restore or create a user. How can I get administrative rights back without doing a complete system recovery?

Greetings --

Simply log in using the built-in Administrator account (which
cannot be deleted) and modify the desired account. By design, the only
way to log into the Administrator account of WinXP Home is to reboot
into Safe Mode. For WinXP Pro, pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL twice at the
Welcome Screen will produce the standard login dialog box.

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

"EL FRUSTRADO" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I accidentaly deleted the 2 users who had full administrative rights
to my operating system(windows xp home edition) the only user left is
a limited user who does not have rights to restore or create a user.
How can I get administrative rights back without doing a complete
system recovery?

the same exact thing happened to me...how do you reboot into safe mode? Where do I go? And can I get my original administrator account back? Its like it all deleted! HELP! :)

To boot into Safe Mode you need to restart your computer then keep pressing
and releasing the F8 key until you see the Advanced Boot Menu. Use the arrow
keys to select "Safe Mode" and press the Enter Key.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp