Sign in with
Your question
Closed

World of Warcraft Singleplayer

Last response: in Video Games
November 20, 2006 9:23:31 PM

Is there any way at all to just plain play WoW singleplayer, so that I dont have to pay however much a month it is...

Ive heard of Server emulation, but I cant seem to get that to work.

Any help at all, plz god lol.
November 22, 2006 7:49:40 AM

Yeah you can have a server emulator but trust me...it's a HUGE pain in the arse. You can find them on the internet, just google it.

You can't get very far playing single player though in WoW. Wont be any fun if you dont have parties and do instances.
November 23, 2006 11:48:20 AM

Yes. Make yourself a cardboard sword and put a saucepan on your head.

Then, wander around your house, slashing at stuffed toys and pets.
Related resources
November 30, 2006 12:37:50 AM

yea some ppl get private servers there the same thing but something they go down a bit more than blizzard and not noone really to group with sometimes your lucky to see ppl on them lol
December 4, 2006 2:32:37 AM

Quote:
Yes. Make yourself a cardboard sword and put a saucepan on your head.

Then, wander around your house, slashing at stuffed toys and pets.

:mrgreen: Winner :trophy: best role playing game.

Seriously, just imagining what you described cracks me up.
December 10, 2006 8:46:08 AM

lol, wow is a fun game but its kinda stupid that u have to pay
December 11, 2006 7:49:30 AM

The games just a glorified chat room, if you stand the game by it’s self with no online input then the game is about as fun as putting your balls in a belt sander.
December 11, 2006 10:17:13 AM

Quote:

That's right. Blizzard should provide the servers out of the goodness of their hearts. Maybe they should get their CEO to stand on street corners handing out sunshine and moonbeams.
December 14, 2006 5:54:03 PM

Quote:

That's right. Blizzard should provide the servers out of the goodness of their hearts. Maybe they should get their CEO to stand on street corners handing out sunshine and moonbeams.
I did that once, someone punched me in the face and another person told me to get a job. :( 
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 3, 2008 2:59:31 AM

If the CEO of Blizzard hands out sunshine and moonbeams,I'll so be there!I luvs me some sunshine and moonbeams!When you combine them,you get jellybeans! :pt1cable: 
December 3, 2008 3:40:11 AM

Heya,

The `fun' of WOW (if you can call it fun) comes from playing with people. If you try to play it single player, without a party, you simply will not advance through all the game because you simply cannot pass various places in the game without a party.

You should go get all the Guild Wars games. Free online. Always.

Cheers,
December 3, 2008 2:15:50 PM

lordnizzle34 said:
Is there any way at all to just plain play WoW singleplayer, so that I dont have to pay however much a month it is...

Hey look. I've never been one of these "OMG! WARCRACK IS TOO ADDICTIVE" people, but if you are so into WoW that you would actually want to play it as a single player game you need to get checked into rehab.

That's like going from having a few beers with you friends in a bar to drinking turpentine in a back alley all by yourself to get a buzz on.

WoW is a fun MMORPG. If you want a single player RPG there are plenty of great ones out there. If you feel a need to play WoW so bad that you want to play all alone you need to evaluate why you are playing games.
December 3, 2008 3:10:42 PM

google "leroy jenkins"

December 10, 2008 9:52:00 PM

No, not without hacking the game
December 11, 2008 6:59:56 AM

Oh god single player wow? dont do it man, im thinking of levelling to 80 collecting 15000 lions heads on the way with no one to talk to >.<
Just pick up Oblivion or something if you want a good single player RPG.
December 11, 2008 7:08:41 AM

With a server emulator you can fix drop rates, xp rates, mob health etc etc etc, you could balance it to a single player game, its just database editing not rocket science. However, wow has pretty poor graphics and most of its fabled addictivenes comes from the social and guilding side rather than from game play mechanics. Being GM could be fun for a day, but with no one else to play with killing everything on map with one spell is only funny the first 40 times or so.

Oblivion is a first rate single player game, which still has replay value a few years after launch, trying different tactics levelling techniques quest orders different types of characters etc etc etc.
December 12, 2008 8:40:33 PM

lordnizzle34 said:

Yes you can but first choice your poison. Arcemu is an emulation based on memory usage while mangos has a well thought out db and needs less memory. I will not link to these sites as they aren't for the normal PC user. Secondly this forum most likely wouldn't like link to these sites on here.

Db knowledge is a must as they both use mysql. You must learn git and or SVN retrieval. You must learn or understand how to install and compile c++ code using free visual c++ 8.0. If you want to add blizzlike scripts you will need to learn or understand patching using git or SVN.

Note: Plan on this taking at least a few days if you know what your doing the first time. Incorrect compiled or usage can cause damage to your PC and I take no responsibility if you pursue creating your own server.
December 24, 2008 12:21:51 PM

@elbert: or you can forget ALL THAT "advanced stuff" and search google for "arcemu 3.03 repack" (without quotes) where most of the tedious steps are done for you.

What I mean is:
- Arcemu is pre-compiled and works with WoW v3.03 AKA Wrath of the Lich King
- Apache and Mysql are already set up
- Tables are populated with WoW's world and character data
- A test character, account, and realm is pre-created for you
- Blizz-like Scripts are built for you
- Plenty of customization scripts for additional functionality
- In certain cases, a website complete with Blizzard-like forums is built for you should want to go live with your private server.

Of course it's not perfect emulation though. Do expect quests that are impossible to complete (although for those, I simply look the quest ID up on wowhead.com and type .quest complete <id>)
December 25, 2008 9:36:27 PM

djnforce9 said:
@elbert: or you can forget ALL THAT "advanced stuff" and search google for "arcemu 3.03 repack" (without quotes) where most of the tedious steps are done for you.

What I mean is:
- Arcemu is pre-compiled and works with WoW v3.03 AKA Wrath of the Lich King
- Apache and Mysql are already set up
- Tables are populated with WoW's world and character data
- A test character, account, and realm is pre-created for you
- Blizz-like Scripts are built for you
- Plenty of customization scripts for additional functionality
- In certain cases, a website complete with Blizzard-like forums is built for you should want to go live with your private server.

Of course it's not perfect emulation though. Do expect quests that are impossible to complete (although for those, I simply look the quest ID up on wowhead.com and type .quest complete <id>)

True you can but one word of caution. Repacks have been found to have back doors, virus, and key loggers. Do not set any such server up on a PC you play retail on and I sure wouldn't suggest a repack for a live private server. Other than these problems this is a great suggestions for a single player WOW.
December 25, 2008 10:18:25 PM

Minimally Singleplayer offline role-playing game
August 14, 2009 4:23:54 AM

thechevron said:
I have no idea why you would get a massivley multiplayer online role playing game so that you can play it yourself......offline.

£10 a month isn't really that much when you think of it, unless your a teenager (or a junkie), in which case you can just steal if from your parents (yes I am encouraging that behaviour) it will be totally worth it, wow is the best.

Alternatively if ripping your maws last tenner so that she can't afford fags and a loaf of bread, why not try second life. Interface is terrible (tried it for 10 mins). but it is getting pretty big so it must be doing something right.

Probably because we are paying $14 per month to play a single player MMO. Single player MMO/single player offline, What's the difference?
August 14, 2009 4:27:07 AM

thechevron said:
I have no idea why you would get a massivley multiplayer online role playing game so that you can play it yourself......offline.

£10 a month isn't really that much when you think of it, unless your a teenager (or a junkie), in which case you can just steal if from your parents (yes I am encouraging that behaviour) it will be totally worth it, wow is the best.

Alternatively if ripping your maws last tenner so that she can't afford fags and a loaf of bread, why not try second life. Interface is terrible (tried it for 10 mins). but it is getting pretty big so it must be doing something right.

Probably because we are paying $14 per month to play a single player MMO anyway. Takes forever to get in a group these days and I usually get 2 or 3 levels while waiting. Single player MMO/single player offline, What's the difference?
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 18, 2009 3:30:03 PM

First of all, it's $15/month, if you don't subscribe more than 1 month at a time. That's about the cheapest entertainment your money can buy for a month. One movie and popcorn vs 30 days of unlimited 24/7 entertainment. If you want free, then don't look for something illegal like a private server (someone running a cracked program). This will get you banned/fined/imprisoned. In that order. You can however play something else such as www.freerealms.com (google that), which is a free similar mmorpg, just for cheapos like you. Don't expect all the support and bells and whistles, but you can have "fun." But, hey imitation is only that. It does have some of the second life type "buy it" upgrades built in, but I'm sure someone like you will just be happy with the free part.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
November 29, 2009 5:45:45 PM

I understand the wanting to play singleplayer thing sometimes, or maybe just as a lan thing with friends. Different reason though; I hate the game, love the lore and have a huge imagination. ...haha. So essentially, yes singleplayer is quite possible as it is with anygame when I'm playing. xD
Because I swear I have the ability to have fun that a four year old does.

:p 

I was wondering the same thing though; often wow's crowd is horrid. :-/
November 29, 2009 10:04:53 PM

What's with the digging up of old threads?
!