NEED FOR SPEED CARBON Crash !

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_pulp

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
I have NFSC Collector's edition,problem: game crash suddenly when playing or when in game menu,i am playing it on 1024X768 Resolution 2X AA,2X AF with almost high settings(i.e only shit motion blur,particle system off + Shader quality set to Mid)I have original version even the shit demo did the same.
Hope somebody help me to solve this shit problem.

My PC Config.

XFX 6600GT 256 MB
Intel P4 3.0GHz 630 Series
1 GB DDR2 RAM @533MHz
Intel 915GEV Mobo.

I am posting this on huge font because it will attract the members :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hockeygirl

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
at least you can get into the game...

i double click on the exe. and the screen goes black as if it is loading the game and then my computer restarts

it does it every time...i have tried reinstalling the game reinstalling direct x and my video drivers but it still does it

my disk is about to turn in to a coaster or frisby GRRR

sorry i cant help...mayby u should try reinstalling ur video drivers

Jambo

Distinguished
May 17, 2003
Yes,I have the same edition,Unfortunately this is a common problem with Need For Speed Carbon that a lot of people who purchased the game are having as well.
What's worse is I haven't heard of or seen a patch coming out for that problem either. Guess EA doesn't know what's wrong either or just don't care.

I only have CTD's when I am scrolling in the menu or when I come to a car with a lot of vinals on it. Haven't had any in-game crashes. But it is frustrating!

P4 3.0c 478 pin.Proc.
Gigabyte 8KNXP Ultra P.E. 875P chipset
2-1 Gig sticks of Corsair XMS 3500LL Pro
Creative X-Fi soundcard (latest drivers installed)
2 WD 360 10,000 rpm Enterprise Raptors
ATi X800XT P.E. with Catalyst Drivers 6.11
Viewsonic G220fb 21inch CRT at 1024x768 at 85 refresh rate

SciFiMan

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
Bump for update. Anyone have any word on a patch for Carbon? I get the black screen hang just after the splash screen on 2 systems (running X1600 Pro and a 6800GS, both on Athlon XP 2500+ Barton). Otherwise it's park it on the shelf and wait.

Slutty

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2007
MY ANSWER
Those of you who get a black screen and/or reboot of your system, i have had the same issue but i updated the drivers for my graphic-card and that helped right away..

MY QUESTION[/b]
So far so good... Im starting to play the game and everything seemes to be just fine.. but when i get to the first REAL levels i can only play one of the races out of 3 available races.. In the other two races my game crashes when i have been driving for a little while..

SciFiMan

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
So suddenly Carbon started working on the 6800GS for no reason last week. Runs fine and then crashes after a hour or so. On another pc with an old AIW9600 it runs perfect. Crappy EA code.

spiketheman

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Hey guys i think i have a solution for the crashes.

The Need For Speed: Carbon update 1.4
Here is the link:

http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/NFS/carbon/

thx reply if u need to if there is any further umm how should i put annoyments just reply to this post.

Thx Bye! :hello:

G

Hey Buddy please provide the links for the updates of NFS Carbon.
If possible get me some in HotFiles or Rapidshare links.

Status
Not open for further replies.