3G connection

Hi, I just got the data cable for my VX6000 and I used the cable and dial-up
connection settings to connect to the internet on my PC by dialing #777. I
am wondering if there are any extra charges to use this, other than airtime.
The vzw site wasn't very helpful.

Thanks,
Mike

Gator

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2003

If you are using Mobile Office and the Quick Connect 14.4 kb/sec
feature then you are charged airtime as with your phone.
However, if you are using 1XRTT you need to sign up for
it and pay a per k-byte download charge. However if you have
nights and weekends free feature then during those hours you
pay nothing for the 14.4 kb/sec. Regards

I am using 1X and my connection speed is 128k (I download at 16kB/sec). I
haven't signed up for anything but I want to make sure a huge bill isn't
going to come at the end of the month.
"Gator" <gator2@webmail.co.za> wrote in message

> If you are using Mobile Office and the Quick Connect 14.4 kb/sec
> feature then you are charged airtime as with your phone.
> However, if you are using 1XRTT you need to sign up for
> it and pay a per k-byte download charge. However if you have
> nights and weekends free feature then during those hours you
> pay nothing for the 14.4 kb/sec. Regards

Just look on your bill (or the website) for the included feature called
"National Access." It is included now with America's Choice and if you
don't have it, you can call VZW and have them add it for free. National
Access means you just use your normal minutes (anytime or night/weekend)
with no extra charges for data.

Steve

Mike Markovic wrote:
> I am using 1X and my connection speed is 128k (I download at 16kB/sec). I
> haven't signed up for anything but I want to make sure a huge bill isn't
> going to come at the end of the month.
> "Gator" <gator2@webmail.co.za> wrote in message
>
>>If you are using Mobile Office and the Quick Connect 14.4 kb/sec
>>feature then you are charged airtime as with your phone.
>>However, if you are using 1XRTT you need to sign up for
>>it and pay a per k-byte download charge. However if you have
>>nights and weekends free feature then during those hours you
>>pay nothing for the 14.4 kb/sec. Regards

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Gator wrote:

> If you are using Mobile Office and the Quick Connect 14.4 kb/sec
> feature then you are charged airtime as with your phone.
> However, if you are using 1XRTT you need to sign up for
> it and pay a per k-byte download charge. However if you have
> nights and weekends free feature then during those hours you
> pay nothing for the 14.4 kb/sec. Regards

Not true as has been posted here many times. I have been using Express
Network or National Access, or whatever it's called these days, for a
year now and I pay nothing extra other than minutes of use during peak
hours and nothing for nights and week-ends.

Don