violent07

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
hi everybody;
i have a problem with cod2. it opens very slowly :( .i am able to arrive in game menu about 2-3 minutes and the maps are loading about 4-5 minutes.what is the problem ?if you help me i am very happy thanks

My system;

-intel core2 duo E6300
-asus p5b mother board
-samsung 160 gb 8mb sata2
-256 mb ati sapphire 1900xt
-2 gb Ram 667 mhz

gg :wink:

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Download a program called sisoft sandra and scan your HDD's to check your speed, also make sure you have done a full install of the game if that is an option. Because it would take a lot more time to load off a CD/DVD than it would off a HDD, four to six times longer on a guesstimate.

Note: HDD speed should be about 30 - 50 Megs per second

violent07

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
Download a program called sisoft sandra and scan your HDD's to check your speed, also make sure you have done a full install of the game if that is an option. Because it would take a lot more time to load off a CD/DVD than it would off a HDD, four to six times longer on a guesstimate.

Note: HDD speed should be about 30 - 50 Megs per second

i tested my hdd with sisoft sandra and my hdd read performance is 30-55 megs per second...i am waiting for your helps :roll:

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Well that’s me stumped, slow loading is 90% of the time indicative of a program being installed on a slow medium. All you can do is check that all your drivers are up to date and the game is patched to the latest version.

Side Note: if this only happens with this game then it might be worth giving the tech support number on the back of the instruction manual a call.

violent07

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
the game was patched with the latest patch version (1.3)...and i bought the pc new so its all drivers are up to date.also this slowness is happening only this game.the others are opening normally.thank you for your helps

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
and i bought the pc new so its all drivers are up to date.
Not always the case, normally it will just be the drivers that come with the hardware and they can be up to a year old so I would check that. Thing is if it terns out to be a problem with your PC and the game is not at fault then the help desk will not be best pleased.