Sign in with
Your question

Problem with new BF2 patch

Last response: in Video Games
November 24, 2006 2:06:54 AM

It took 3 hours for me to download the new patch (1.41). I go to double click on the .exe file but it never fires up. I open the task manager and open the processes tab. I see the BF2 patch but then it disappears after a few minutes. I really do not want to re-download the patch. This happened to me with the 1.3 patch but for some reason I don't remember how I got it to work. Any help would be appreciated.

More about : problem bf2 patch

November 24, 2006 2:51:25 AM

how long do you wait for it to start after you double click it? when i applied the 1.41 patch, i had to wait about 60-90 secs before the file started to unpack itself.

maybe try wait for a bit - double click then walk away :D 
November 24, 2006 7:22:25 AM

It is possible that the download could have become corrupt at some point when downloading the patch. It has happened to me a few times, a good sign that this has happened is if the file does not actually have an image and just looks like a normal dos program box. But that is fairly unlikely unless your using a very slow and poor connection like a 56K.
Related resources
November 24, 2006 10:02:00 AM

Actually I have DSL, but I'll try to wait again.
November 24, 2006 1:57:57 PM

My machine took a total wobbly the first time I tried to run that patch. (dunno why I patched the game cos I don't play it) but anyway I was running eve online in the background and my machine died.

Rebooted and tried to run the patch again. Another pc wobbly but I waited and eveeeeeentually it came to life and patched the game. Give it time.
November 26, 2006 12:32:24 PM

I just re-downloaded it and ran it within 20 seconds of my click. FileFront FTW. 8)
November 27, 2006 11:42:48 AM

Yup thought so, things often become corrupt when downloading, more so of dodgy websites.
!