How would I go about removing the one user account?

June 4, 2004 10:26:28 PM

I have the Admin acct. and My son set up a User account. I don't see the
point since I am the only user. How do I remove it?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BetsyB

More about : removing user account

Anonymous
June 4, 2004 10:26:29 PM

Why you should not run your computer as an administrator:

Running Windows XP as an administrator could possibly make your
computer system vulnerable to Trojan horses and other security risks.
The simple act of visiting an Internet site can be extremely damaging
to the system. An unfamiliar Internet site may have Trojan horse code
that can be downloaded to the system and executed. If you are logged
on with administrator privileges, a Trojan horse could do things like
reformat your hard drive, delete all your files, create a new user account
with administrative access, and so on.

You should add yourself to the Users or Power Users group. When you
log on as a member of the Users group, you can perform routine tasks,
including running programs and visiting Internet sites, without exposing
your computer to unnecessary risk. As a member of the Power Users group,
you can perform routine tasks and you can also install programs, add printers,
and use most Control Panel items. If you need to perform administrative tasks,
such as upgrading the operating system or configuring system parameters,
then log off and log back on as an administrator.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"betsyb" betsy959@TRASHoptonline.net wrote in message:
news:o kyi5LoSEHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

|I have the Admin acct. and My son set up a User account. I don't see the
| point since I am the only user. How do I remove it?
|
| ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
|
| BetsyB
Anonymous
June 5, 2004 2:46:38 AM

"betsyb" <betsy959@TRASHoptonline.net> wrote in message
news:o kyi5LoSEHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> I have the Admin acct. and My son set up a User account. I don't see the
> point since I am the only user. How do I remove it?

Many thanks to you all. My nerd actually does this for a living in the
Senate and neglected to explain that part? Jerk.
June 5, 2004 4:16:27 AM

betsyb wrote:
> I have the Admin acct. and My son set up a User account. I don't see
> the point since I am the only user. How do I remove it?

What your son did was the right thing to do. You should *NEVER* use the main
administrator account for day to day use. The main admin user is for
troubleshooting purposes only.
June 5, 2004 4:23:54 AM

> betsyb wrote:
> > I have the Admin acct. and My son set up a User account. I don't see
> > the point since I am the only user. How do I remove it?
>
> What your son did was the right thing to do. You should *NEVER* use the
main
> administrator account for day to day use. The main admin user is for
> troubleshooting purposes only.

And emergencies such as your User account goes belly-up........
Anonymous
June 5, 2004 5:53:28 AM

Gordon wrote:
> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message
>> betsyb wrote:
>>> I have the Admin acct. and My son set up a User account. I don't see
>>> the point since I am the only user. How do I remove it?
>>
>> What your son did was the right thing to do. You should *NEVER* use
>> the main administrator account for day to day use. The main admin
>> user is for troubleshooting purposes only.
>>

> And emergencies such as your User account goes belly-up........

That too, Gordon. Whatever, it's never a good idea to use the main admin
user for anything but emergencies.
June 5, 2004 6:28:30 AM

> Gordon wrote:
> > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message
> >>
> >> What your son did was the right thing to do. You should *NEVER* use
> >> the main administrator account for day to day use. The main admin
> >> user is for troubleshooting purposes only.
> >>

> > And emergencies such as your User account goes belly-up........
>
> That too, Gordon. Whatever, it's never a good idea to use the main admin
> user for anything but emergencies.

Definitely.

6/04/44 - Pegasus Bridge - Ox & Bucks LI
At the Going down of the sun and In the Morning
We WILL remember them

Celer et Audax
Recce Pl B Coy 4RGJ
June 6, 2004 10:31:10 AM

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 01:53:28 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
<misstick@lancre.dw> wrote:

> Gordon wrote:
> > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message
> >>
> >> What your son did was the right thing to do. You should *NEVER* use
> >> the main administrator account for day to day use. The main admin
> >> user is for troubleshooting purposes only.
> >>

> > And emergencies such as your User account goes belly-up........
>
> That too, Gordon. Whatever, it's never a good idea to use the main admin
> user for anything but emergencies.

I encountered with my mother's XP. The only type of
accounts I saw were administrator and limited. I didn't see
a "user" option at any time. How do you find "user" when
Administrator and Limited are the only options?

June 7, 2004 12:00:57 PM

"sf" <nobody@pipeline.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 01:53:28 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
> <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote:
>
> > Gordon wrote:
> > > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message

> > > And emergencies such as your User account goes belly-up........
> >
> > That too, Gordon. Whatever, it's never a good idea to use the main
admin
> > user for anything but emergencies.
> >
> I encountered with my mother's XP. The only type of
> accounts I saw were administrator and limited. I didn't see
> a "user" option at any time. How do you find "user" when
> Administrator and Limited are the only options?
>

> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

Administrator and Limited are types of "User" account.
!