How does the KT333 perform?

owais

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2001
Its been awhile since I dealt with computer hardware since I got a car and my focus shifted. But anyways, Im back. Time for a new system. Im probably gonna stay on the AMD side so the 2 chipsets im comparing are the KT333, and the Nvidia (420?). I currently have a VIA chipset and I would like to at all cost to stay away from one. But it looks like it does really well in the motherboard roundup. Aside from it's performance, what would be a good board with either chipset with good overclocking features? I have not kept up with the AMD XP chips, so I don't even know how well they overclock or if they can be unlocked. I also don't have much cash to get a new video card. Im currently running on an old voodoo3 3500TV. So I figured an Nvidia board would be a good choice because of the integrated Geforce 2 MX. Then of course later I add a better vid card. So I need a recommendation on a good reliable board with overclocking features although that might be an oxymoron, and suitable memory. Sorry for the long rant. Thanks, Later.

I last used the shuttle ak31a ($59 newegg) with via kt266a chipset. Ran well at 138-140 fsb, but no higher. The kt333 boards are about 1-3% faster, but considerably more expensive for the better boards.