Logon by passing the welcome logo.

Hello from Steved

By passing the welcome Logo
This is what I do.
1 In Run I type control userpasswords 2
2 In User Accounts I uncheck Users must enter a user name
and password to use this computer, then I push the apply
button.
3 User Name I leave as it has Administrator, I then type
the password and confirm password and push the ok Button.

When I restart the computer I get the log on to windows
dialog box with a logon Message dialog box, it reads The
system could not log you on. Make sure your User name and
domain are correct, then type your password again.
Letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case.

Please how do start my computer and go straight to
windows as I am only user of this computer so there is no
need for me to log on.

Thankyou.
4 answers Last reply
More about logon passing logo

    Steved said in news:188a601c44ab7$887f2100$a101280a@phx.gbl:
    > Hello from Steved
    >
    > By passing the welcome Logo
    > This is what I do.
    > 1 In Run I type control userpasswords 2
    > 2 In User Accounts I uncheck Users must enter a user name
    > and password to use this computer, then I push the apply
    > button.
    > 3 User Name I leave as it has Administrator, I then type
    > the password and confirm password and push the ok Button.
    >
    > When I restart the computer I get the log on to windows
    > dialog box with a logon Message dialog box, it reads The
    > system could not log you on. Make sure your User name and
    > domain are correct, then type your password again.
    > Letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case.
    >
    > Please how do start my computer and go straight to
    > windows as I am only user of this computer so there is no
    > need for me to log on.
    >
    > Thankyou.

    Do NOT use the Administrator account for your normal account. That is a
    *backup* account in case your profile gets screwed up or for some reason
    you cannot login under your normal account. If you screw over your
    Administrator account and do not have another admin-level account to
    use, you're screwed royal (and will have to come back here pleading for
    help on how to recover).

    Create another account in the Administrators group and use THAT one to
    auto-logon.

    *** Email domain = ".com" *AND* append "=NEWS=" to Subject.

    Thanks very much Vanguard I did what you asked
    and now I go straight to windows.

    Cheers

    This is for Vanguard: After reading your response I'm wondering if it is a good idea to do what I did..: I used TweakUI logon feature to forego logon-welcome screen so that now I automatically logon. But I did not change any of the user settings as the administrator. The way it is set up now is both my husband and I have adm. accounts but really do not make any distinctions in how we use them. Please comment. Thanks.

    josie said in news:22D49947-9AFB-435A-A9DD-3A371DBE4B18@microsoft.com:
    > This is for Vanguard: After reading your response I'm wondering if it
    > is a good idea to do what I did..: I used TweakUI logon feature to
    > forego logon-welcome screen so that now I automatically logon. But I
    > did not change any of the user settings as the administrator. The way
    > it is set up now is both my husband and I have adm. accounts but
    > really do not make any distinctions in how we use them. Please
    > comment. Thanks.

    First, by admin-level accounts for the both of you presumably you meant
    that you created two NEW accounts that in the Administrators group (to
    have those privileges). Do NOTuse the Administrator account for
    anything other than recovery. I don't even install applications under
    the Administrator account (although many experts do) and install under
    my own admin-level account. There is the rare application that supports
    accounts and privileges under an NT-based version of Windows but forgets
    to install under the correct profile (i.e., installs under the current
    account's profile instead of for all users).

    Nothing wrong with using admin-level accounts as your own personal
    account if you feel you have the expertise to undo those times that you
    shoot yourself in your foot with having too much power always at hand.
    If you logon always using an admin-level account, be sure you are using
    anti-virus and firewall software to protect that host as the nasties may
    get the same privilege level as your login account. Some folks will
    give themself a power user account and use Administrator for installing
    applications or making system-level changes requiring an admin-level
    account. I still prefer not to touch the Administrator account that way
    since a corrupt profile for Administrator means you'll have to figure
    out how to create a new one for an undeletable account (you cannot
    delete the Administrator account even if you rename it). Using the
    Administrator account for anything but restoration or recovery is like
    using your USB-connected backup drive for continued purposes beyond
    storing additional backups (and having it connected when not needed):
    your risk the security and integrity of your backups.

    Note that you do NOT need to be logged in under an admin-level account
    if you want to install software that requires it. You can use the RunAs
    command to install under an admin-level account while logged in under a
    power or limited user account.

    I haven't used Windows XP Home but my guess is they default the initial
    user to an admin-level account. In fact, XP Home may not have anything
    other than a limited account and you are forced to boot into Safe mode
    to get into an admin account.

    *** Email domain = ".com" *AND* append "=NEWS=" to Subject.

Computers Windows XP