black hawk down lowest pc specification

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Hi can anyone tell me the lowest spec pc they have had BHD running on.

I have a dell optiplex pII 128mB which , although it will run all the
menus always bombs out before the game starts. I am assuming the error
I get relates to my internal graphics card however it would be nice to
know if replacing the card will fix the problem or am I pissing in the
wind ?

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Hi jedbeer.

I run an athalon 3200mhz processor with 1gb ram and a 256mb radeon..

but.....

I know my kids run an 1800mhz athalon with a 64mb geforce 4 card...

If you are running internal screen card (ie. on the m/board) it probably
just wont be good enough...

You will need a agp graphics card...

M..

Hello, jedbeer@hotmail.com!
You wrote on 25 Apr 2005 23:46:11 -0700:

j> Hi can anyone tell me the lowest spec pc they have had BHD running on.

j> I have a dell optiplex pII 128mB which , although it will run all the
j> menus always bombs out before the game starts. I am assuming the error
j> I get relates to my internal graphics card however it would be nice to
j> know if replacing the card will fix the problem or am I pissing in the
j> wind ?

With best regards, mark nichols. E-mail: mark@downehall.co.uk

<jedbeer@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hi can anyone tell me the lowest spec pc they have had BHD running on.
>
> I have a dell optiplex pII 128mB which , although it will run all the
> menus always bombs out before the game starts. I am assuming the error
> I get relates to my internal graphics card however it would be nice to
> know if replacing the card will fix the problem or am I pissing in the
> wind ?

I've had it running on a PIII 933 MHz with a Geforce3 TI200 graphics card.

It could run it resonably, but not super smooth.

The game requires a graphics card with T&L features (Transform & Lighting),
something your on-board card almost certainly is missing. All presently
available cards will have this, but I think you might be pushing it with
only a PII. Could you possibly borrow a graphics card from a friend to test
out in your current PC, before spending money on a new card yourself ?

Coyote<TZW>