Removing Startup Initial screen

Upon startup a black and white screen comes up that offers choice to start Win XP and another option. The Win XP option is highlighted and the OS starts automatically. Is there a way to remove this step from the startup process or must I put up with it? Thank you. Josie
2 answers Last reply
More about removing startup initial screen

    Hi,

    To remove that selection screen, right click your My Computer and then
    select Properties.
    Then click on the Advanced Tab, and then click on the Settings button under
    the Startup and Recovery section.

    You'll now see a System startup section at the top and it'll have a drop
    down list for your default operating system, and also two checkmark boxes.

    To remove the selection screen select the operating system first that you
    want to boot into your computer with and then uncheck the Time to display
    list of operating systems checkmark box.

    Then hit OK, and then OK again.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    http://www.microsoft.com/mvp

    "josie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Upon startup a black and white screen comes up that offers choice to start
    Win XP and another option. The Win XP option is highlighted and the OS
    starts automatically. Is there a way to remove this step from the startup
    process or must I put up with it? Thank you. Josie

    Thanks, that worked great.

Windows XP White Screen Microsoft