can not boot win xp

Thanks for the response, but many retrys did not get it.

My gut says clear the cmos, try again.
"JACK MANN" <chabotte1@comcast.net> wrote in message
> My computer will not load from cd or floppy. All I get is the mfg logo on
my
> screen. My WIN XP and various recovery floppies are not read after the
power
> button is pressed. Nothing is happening, except the logo. No f keys or
other
> actions get any action.
> WinXP home worked on this computer until it stopped.
> Help please.

1 answer Last reply
More about boot

    If you hit the ESCAPE key a few times while the
    manuacturer's logo screen is up you may be able to clear
    the manufacturer's logo screen and get a clue about the
    problem . . . OR . . . it could be that your keyboard is
    not plugged in correctly or defective - re-seat it
    (unplug it and plug it in again) or try a diferent
    keyboard and/or mouse . . . also could be the motherboard
    has gone to Intel Heaven . . .

    Good Luck !

Windows XP