windows not working properly

alex

Not sure what I did but seems like after I installed spybot to remove my pop ups and did a scan now all my icons and taskbar display symbols instead of letters? Not sure if its a virus or not but I did a virus scan with mcafee and shows no viruses? Or could I of deleted something? My system restore will not work so I cant go back to a restore point. Doews anyone please know of a way I could possibly do a patch or maybe fix this either via downloading something or with the original xp disc??? ive been trying everything and thus far no luck. Thanks

"alex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Not sure what I did but seems like after I installed spybot to remove my
pop ups and did a scan now all my icons and taskbar display symbols instead
of letters? Not sure if its a virus or not but I did a virus scan with
mcafee and shows no viruses? Or could I of deleted something? My system
restore will not work so I cant go back to a restore point. Doews anyone
please know of a way I could possibly do a patch or maybe fix this either
via downloading something or with the original xp disc??? ive been trying
everything and thus far no luck. Thanks

It sounds like you have lost fonts or your language settings have changed.
You can perform a repair installation of XP by following the directions at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341&Product=winxp.
There are some steps you can take to repair the problem, but I guess that
would be difficult if you can't read anything. A successful repair
installation will not make you lose any of your documents or files and
should not require reinstalling any software.

Good Luck

alex

Yea I kinda figured I might have to do that. I just wasnt sure if I was to do that if I would lose all my saved data or not, or if I would have to save all my programs to a disc which is very time consuming. So if I wont lose all that information then I guess thats my only option. Thanks