Need boot disk for an MSI board

statim

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2002
Where can I find the information to make a boot disk for my new MSI KT3 Ultra ARU? I lost the one in the box and when I try and start my system it claims it can't find my hard drive, something to do with the IDE drivers it says. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Do you mean your mobo can't recognize your HD when it's booting? If yes, check its connection (power and data cables) and its setting (Master or Slave) to make sure they're corrected.
<b><A HREF="http://www.bootdisk.com" target="_new"><font color=blue>Bootdisk</A></b></font color=blue>

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

If you're talking about your motherboard drivers disk for your chipset you can download every up to date thing you need for your motherboard from the manufacturers website, Drivers, Manuals, BIOS updates, whatever you need.

You never know what you can do until you try.

statim

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2002
ok, but what does it mean when it claims that it can't detect any arrays? and how do I fix that? Thanks.

statim

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2002
but it is on the non raid ide port. Its on the one that the manual says i'm supposed to put it on next to the floppy port.

statim

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2002
ah ha! I have just read the raid manual that comes included with the packaging and it does indeed seem to be starting in raid mode, but how do I disable that?