Discussion Wrist Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Do any of you members out there experience severe right wrist pain when using especially the MBP about 8 hours a day? Five hours in the morning and 3 hours at night? Thanks Marv

RSI, should be classed as work induced disease as most people use a PC these days and H&S assements go flying out of the window due to costs.

One way to cut down on RSI, is use a gel filled wrist support designed to fit below the keyboard and a mouse pad.

G

Yes - sounds like RSI, back off on the keyboard use, check out the wrist supports suggested by das_stig, make sure your chair / desk / posture are good, take 10 minute breaks every hour and stop when the pain starts. RSI can lead to permanent damage and pain if you ignore it, be careful.
I would also consider getting a good-quality external keyboard if you don't already use one, laptop keyboards are not really designed with ergonomics in mind.

On a separate note - posting 'Wrist Pain' in the Max OS forum on Toms? Sir, you have some guts!

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
This is not guts that is asking a question which one has to find a decent solution to as I read just now.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
I learn to live with this. I take Fastum which is an cream for arthritis and other swelling joints.

But that only solves the surface problem. The deep lying problem is the unnatural posture. I really do hope you manage to get proper ergonomic keyboard so your situation will not deteriorate further.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
I am using a MTP instead of a mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.