HP laserjet III question /advice

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

have a LaserJet lll. I was going to get rid if the thing but I cleaned the
corona rollers and the it made beautiful copies for a very short time. Now
it had black streaks of about 1" wide right in the middle of the paper. I am
thinking of rebuilding the rollers, corona, fuser, fan Is it worth doing?
I have about 45,000 pages on the thing in 12 years but have a need for a
dedicated Postage Label printer.

My feeling is the SX stuff is better than the new 150 dollar lasers...

It's barely worth it. But I do agree with you that the new $150 lasers are
cheap plastic junk, any brand. You might consider finding a reconditioned LJ4,
LJ4M, LJ4+ LJ4M+, LJ5, LJ5M, LJ5N as an alternative. Reliable & rock solid.
Disregard the L-series, P-series, and Si series printer for various reasons.
Only the models noted above. Or if you're really flush with cash, LJ
4000-series or LJ 2000-series printers are quite solid too. Likewise, possibly
reconditioned... Ben Myers

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 13:59:11 GMT, "444" <jgmaxwell@comcast.net> wrote:

>have a LaserJet lll. I was going to get rid if the thing but I cleaned the
>corona rollers and the it made beautiful copies for a very short time. Now
>it had black streaks of about 1" wide right in the middle of the paper. I am
>thinking of rebuilding the rollers, corona, fuser, fan Is it worth doing?
>I have about 45,000 pages on the thing in 12 years but have a need for a
>dedicated Postage Label printer.
>
>My feeling is the SX stuff is better than the new 150 dollar lasers...

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

TKS for the advice