Slow Opening of My Computer

It takes two minutes to open My Computer after clicking on the desk top icon. I am using Windows XP Professional with McAffee antvirus software on a new Dell computer. Soon after I started receiving e-mail the antivirus software notified me that the Exploit-ObjectData trojan had infected C:\DOCUME~1\TERRYL~1|LOCALS~1\Temp file and the virus was removed. This virus has returned repeatedly. I have disabled the System Restore Utility. Now when an infection occurs I go to my ISP server and delete spam and suspicious e-mails. This seems to eliminate reinfection. Now however some files open very slowly. In addition to My Computer, opening the antivirus program also takes a long time. Any suggestions about what is causing this problem and how I can eliminate it?
2 answers Last reply
More about slow opening computer

    THE PARASITE FIGHT QUICK FIX PROTOCOL
    http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

    THE PARASITE FIGHT
    Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

    Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups

    Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

    Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive
    software
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
    US;827315#appliesto

    Spyware and Deceptive Software
    http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/twc/privacy/spyware.mspx?
    gssnb=1

    What you should know about spyware
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp

    McAfee Security - FreeScan
    http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/mfs/default.asp

    GET ANTI-SPY-WARE SOFTWARE - FREE (get both spybot and
    adaware)
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

    Good Luck !

    Also this:

    Courtesy of Jupiter Jones' cousin, Saturn Smith . . .

    ;-)

Internet Service Providers Computers Windows XP