Archer01

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2001
I'm building a new computer but I'm haveing a problem finding a case I like. I'm looking for an ATX Mid tower with 2 external 3.5", 3 external 5.25" and preferably 3 internal 3.5" drive bays. A front mount sound port and or USB port would be great but aren't required. I'd also like to be able to put a 400+w enermax or similar power supply in it. Any recommendations? I'm especially interested in sites that sell cases without power supplies or where power suppies can be custom chosen. If anyone has any recommendations please let me know.

P.S. I'm looking to get good quality equipment at a reasonable price. I'm not interested in aluminum cases.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I suggest you look at the Chieftec cases at newegg.com. The server cases are very high quality, the one with the door on the front has one more exteral 5.25" bay than you wanted though. Enermax has some cases at that site, that include Enermax power supplies.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>

mattburklund

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2002
I like everything about those cases, except the door. It seems that all brand names that have a door use nothing but plastic holes and small, plastic hinge for the door to swing on, way too easy to break. I have seen a few on display that the doors had actually broken off. I imagaine if your a single guy it would not be much of a issue, but anyone with kids that use the computer should be prepared. Why can't some who makes these cases, spend an extra buck on there case and use steel support and hinges for the doors?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I think the cases look good without the doors! The doors are easily removed.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>