Dlink Incognito

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I've been trying to get a Dlink Setup server,
http://192.168.0.50 for about 8 hours with no result. Their
phone gives out such garbage messages while on hold, that I can't
bear to wait around too long. Any body having better success?

John

"John" <john@nospam.net> wrote in message
> I've been trying to get a Dlink Setup server,
> http://192.168.0.50 for about 8 hours with no result. Their
> phone gives out such garbage messages while on hold, that I can't
> bear to wait around too long. Any body having better success?

What device, what does the settup instructions say.

My DI-614+ says to use
http://192.168.0.1

Your device may be different.

Bill

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:09:30 -0700, "scram" <scram@anon.com>
wrote:

>"John" <john@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> I've been trying to get a Dlink Setup server,
>> http://192.168.0.50 for about 8 hours with no result. Their
>> phone gives out such garbage messages while on hold, that I can't
>> bear to wait around too long. Any body having better success?
>
>What device, what does the settup instructions say.
>
>My DI-614+ says to use
>http://192.168.0.1
>
>Your device may be different.
>
>Bill

Thanks, Bill. In my case http://192.168.0.1 works for the
DWL-824VUP, but I can not get the wizard for DWL-2100AP (attached
to the DWL-824VUP) through the recommended address
http://192.168.0.50 I can't even ping that address.

John

Are you trying from a PC on the same subnet 192.168.0.xxx ?

Guy

John wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:09:30 -0700, "scram" <scram@anon.com>
> wrote:
>

>> "John" <john@nospam.net> wrote in message
>>> I've been trying to get a Dlink Setup server,
>>> http://192.168.0.50 for about 8 hours with no result. Their
>>> phone gives out such garbage messages while on hold, that I can't
>>> bear to wait around too long. Any body having better success?
>>
>> What device, what does the settup instructions say.
>>
>> My DI-614+ says to use
>> http://192.168.0.1
>>
>> Your device may be different.
>>
>> Bill
>>

> Thanks, Bill. In my case http://192.168.0.1 works for the
> DWL-824VUP, but I can not get the wizard for DWL-2100AP (attached
> to the DWL-824VUP) through the recommended address
> http://192.168.0.50 I can't even ping that address.
>
> John

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 05:51:59 GMT, "Bigguy"
<gtittley@NO.SPAM.blueyonder.REMOVE.co.uk> wrote:

>Are you trying from a PC on the same subnet 192.168.0.xxx ?
>
>Guy

Yes, Guy. My Client IP is 192.168.0.xxx I am using the same
PC to access the wizard at http://192.168.0.1 AND
http://192.168.0.50 and only the first one works.

Thanks,
John

> On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 05:51:59 GMT, "Bigguy"
> <gtittley@NO.SPAM.blueyonder.REMOVE.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Are you trying from a PC on the same subnet 192.168.0.xxx ?
> >
> >Guy
> >

> Yes, Guy. My Client IP is 192.168.0.xxx I am using the same
> PC to access the wizard at http://192.168.0.1 AND
> http://192.168.0.50 and only the first one works.
>
> Thanks,
> John
>

> >John wrote:

> >> Thanks, Bill. In my case http://192.168.0.1 works for the
> >> DWL-824VUP, but I can not get the wizard for DWL-2100AP (attached
> >> to the DWL-824VUP) through the recommended address
> >> http://192.168.0.50 I can't even ping that address.
> >>
> >> John

You've probably already tried this, but I would perform a hardware reset on
the DWL-2100AP. Is the cable between the router and the AP known to be
good? Normally a straight-through cable would be used between a router's
LAN port and an AP, but it might be worthwhile to try a crossover cable.

Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:17:03 GMT, "Ron Bandes" <RunderscoreBandes
@yah00.com> wrote:

>"John" <john@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 05:51:59 GMT, "Bigguy"
>> <gtittley@NO.SPAM.blueyonder.REMOVE.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> >Are you trying from a PC on the same subnet 192.168.0.xxx ?
>> >
>> >Guy
>> >

>> Yes, Guy. My Client IP is 192.168.0.xxx I am using the same
>> PC to access the wizard at http://192.168.0.1 AND
>> http://192.168.0.50 and only the first one works.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> John

>You've probably already tried this, but I would perform a hardware reset on
>the DWL-2100AP. Is the cable between the router and the AP known to be
>good? Normally a straight-through cable would be used between a router's
>LAN port and an AP, but it might be worthwhile to try a crossover cable.
>
>Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.

Thanks Ron. I did try your suggestions, except for crossover
cable, without result. Then I switched to a brand new DWL-2100AP
that I was going to use as a repeater. It connected to
http://192.168.0.50 !!??

Then, to simplify things I got a DI-604 router to replace the
DWL-824VUP, and attached the DWL-2100AP to it. That is working
OK. I have yet to see if the "defective" DWL-2100AP will work in
repeater mode.

John