Multiple applications on the taskbar.

Hi,

I am having att comcast broadband internet connection at home(Gateway
computer with Windows XP OS.).

I have been noticing for quite some time that there are some applications
which pop up with
regular intervals of time on the task bar. When I click on them they neither
open up, nor maximize, minimize
,restore or do any thing. HOwever they just be lying on the taskbar. They
dont show anything on thier
title bar as well. I think my system's performance is affecting because of
these and a lot of other popups
are also appearing because of these applications. Is this a virus?

Did any body face the same kind of problem. Any suggestion to resolve this
problem are greatly appreciated.

Expecting an quick response for this problem.

Thanks,.

Lakshmi Jagarlapudi" <jlnarayana@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am having att comcast broadband internet connection at home(Gateway
> computer with Windows XP OS.).
>
> I have been noticing for quite some time that there are some applications
> which pop up with
> regular intervals of time on the task bar. When I click on them they
neither
> open up, nor maximize, minimize
> ,restore or do any thing. HOwever they just be lying on the taskbar. They
> dont show anything on thier
> title bar as well. I think my system's performance is affecting because of
> these and a lot of other popups
> are also appearing because of these applications. Is this a virus?
>
> Did any body face the same kind of problem. Any suggestion to resolve
this
> problem are greatly appreciated.
>
> Expecting an quick response for this problem.
>
> Thanks,.

This is very commonly associated with pop-up ads and adware. Have you
scanned your system for spyware/adware? If not you should download a free
copy of Ad-Aware at www.lavasoftusa.com. Install the program, start the
program, click on Check for Updates, and start the scan. At the results
screen, you want to right-click on any checkbox and choose Select all
objects. This automatically puts a checkbox in every object found. Hit
Next or Finish and let it quarantine the objects. Once it is finished,
repeat the process until it no longer detects any spyware/adware. Some
spyare will require multiple scans to be completely removed. If you get to
a point that you have a stubborn few that will not remove, post a message at
www.lavasoftsupport.com and someone will assist you to remove the remaining
spyware objects.

It is only necessary to click on Check for Updates on each new day that you
scan, not each scan.

Good Luck